• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-Star Break Trade Rumors

bLACKpANTHER

https://theathletic.com/2425373/2021/03/04/nba-trade-news-rumors-blake-griffin-p-j-tucker-andre-drummond-shams/

The Celtics and Hornets are among teams interested in Magic two-time All-Star Nikola Vucevic

I can't read the article but Shams is quoted saying we have inquired about Vucevic.. he has 3 years of his $26m deal left.. that is a solid deal but not cheap.. we would really have to question what we would give up..

Ball, Hayward & Rozier are the untouchables on our roster - right?
Bridges, Monk, PJ and Graham are the ones you DON'T want to include in a trade unless the right deal comes along.
Zeller is really the only 'large' contract of value. Also, I would have never thought about adding our 1st round pick in any deal until the past month. For a player of Vucevic's caliber, we would most certainly have to include it.

Would you be willing to give up Zeller, PJ & Martin + (Top 10 protected) 1st round pick = Vucevic ??

If not, here are some more affordable Big Men I'm interested in are:
Whiteside, SAC: $1.6 - 1 yr
McGee, CLE: $4.2 - 1 yr
Plumplee, DET: $8 - 3 yr
Ed Davis, MIN: $5 - 1 yr

Yeah, no way to PJ. I don't think you give up Miles just because his chemistry with Melo. Devonte is nice and I love him but he's somewhat redundant with Melo as the PG and you can sell high on Devonte. Not bad for a 2nd round pick. The first rounder is honestly not a big deal to me. Normally, I hate it, but I really don't see many guys in the draft that have even a decent chance of being an upgrade over anyone on the team currently. 

Honestly, that could be a really good team. I don't LOVE Vucevic because of his defensive limitations but he's still a big upgrade offensively over what we have now. 

from the article...

The Celtics and Hornets are among teams interested in Magic two-time All-Star Nikola Vucevic, sources said. Rival teams expect that any haul for Vucevic would have to be massive. The 7-foot big man is having his best NBA season, averaging 24.5 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists while shooting 41.8 percent from 3-point range. Vucevic has spent nine of his 10 NBA seasons in Orlando.

https://theathletic.com/2425373/2021/03/04/nba-trade-news-rumors-blake-griffin-p-j-tucker-andre-drummond-shams/

• Pie 2

Fairly steep price but Zeller, Bridges, Graham and next years first probably gets it done.  The big loss there is Bridges IMO and not the first as that is probably a non lotto pick.

Probably weren’t resigning Zeller and maybe couldn't afford Graham either.

Still lots to give up but Vucevic is one of the best bigs in the NBA.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Zeller, Graham, and picks are all I'm willing  to offer.  PJ if absolutely necessary.  

Melo, Rozier, Hayward, and Miles are my untouchables.

100%

Hell, throw in Richards.

Zeller+Graham+Richards+2021 unprotected+2023 unprotected.

Let's do it!!

We just really need a front court and we're not getting Mobley.  The rest of the draft sucks at the 4 & 5.

And I think our small ball lineups are legit so we really just need a 24 min+ 5 that can maybe stretch.

Rim protection+shooting (but 3s aren't a must).  Vuc would be dope.

Wood would've been dope.

Still think Bagley is an offseason target.

It's a big void that we could really catapult ourselves into a top-4 east team with the right guy.

13 hours ago, SOJA said:

A big man will be available this summer...

I doubted that statement and looked at the FA big men pool next year.. the market looks open but most are restricted, meaning we will have to throw a bag of $$$ and hope the other team won't match. The remaining FA big men won't really move the needle for us but I bolded a few options that could be had at a decent price:

Andre Drummond
John Collins (restricted) – $$$
Lamarcus Aldridge
Harrell (Player Option)
Ibaka (Player Option)
Jarrett Allen (restriced) – $$$
Tristan Thompson (Player Option)
Lauri Markkanen (restriced) – $$$
PJ Tucker
Paul Millsap
Richaun Holmes
Hasan Whiteside
Mitchell Robison (Team Option)
Cody Zeller
Enes Kanter
Kelly Olynyk
Bobby Portis (Player Option)
Nerlens Noel
JaVale McGee
Dwight Howard
Boban – U RANG!!!
Zach Collins (restriced) – $$$

• Pie 3

On 3/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, SOJA said:

A big man will be available this summer, man I wish we had snagged Christian Wood when we had the chance. I'd pursue Vuc but I would not give up more than Zeller and a future first 

What's worse is we HAD Christian Wood back in 2016-2017. Had him on a 2 year deal at $944K a year. The second year was a team option but we let him go because Clifford didn't think he could contribute. He could've been here and part of the young core for the past several years.

• Pie 1