• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriot fans seem excited that Cams back

mrcompletely11

8 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yet they put us in the position to win 8 games and TB5 won none of them. 

My opinion, Brady would not have fared any better in N.E. in 2020.  

Our opinions differ and that's ok.  I'm not going to change my mind and you surely aren't changing yours.

We'll leave it at that. 

I agree that our defense was not very good at all and we basically played hoping to "bend but not break" the entire season.

I, like DaveThePanther2008, think that Brady would have fared about the same as Cam did in 2020 with the Pats.  As I said, maybe 9-7, 8-8?  Brady knew what the Pats were going to be and he made his exit.

I am not on here saying Cam is 2015 or prior Cam....he clearly isn't.  I am happy that he has found a place to play for another season and has another opportunity.  He gave up a lot for this franchise and I am pulling for him to have a good season.

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

A glance at message boards suggests otherwise. They are about as excited as we are to have Teddy back but not as hateful about it.

This just in - NFL fan message boards are cesspools of low IQ/low informed "fans" and almost always provide the very shittiest commentary on said team possible.

Just take a look at this place for example.

39 minutes ago, Aquemini said:

Like when NE signed Cam last July. They said it by no means makes Cam the starter, and that Stidham still had a shot to be the starter. Sure he did. But for all intensive purposes, when Cam signed, he was the starter. 

Like now.

** intents and purposes**

27 minutes ago, joemac said:

This just in - NFL fan message boards are cesspools of low IQ/low informed "fans" and almost always provide the very shittiest commentary on said team possible.

Just take a look at this place for example.

Stop calling yourself low IQ

• Poo 1

35 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No hate here. Just providing that there is proof showing that his arm isnt as good as it once was. To argue that he is a superstar still... doesnt have the footage to back him up from 2020.

13 minutes full of good throws from start to finish. No one will argue Cam struggled at times last year. Especially in the two games post covid which is where the bulk of your "low lights" come from. The Denver and SF games. Again, is his arm AS STRONG as it was in 2015? No. Does it need to be that strong for Cam to be successful? No. Can Cam still win games for the NE Pats with his arm? Yes.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

13 minutes full of good throws from start to finish. No one will argue Cam struggled at times last year. Especially in the two games post covid which is where the bulk of your "low lights" come from. The Denver and SF games. Again, is his arm AS STRONG as it was in 2015? No. Does it need to be that strong for Cam to be successful? No. Can Cam still win games for the NE Pats with his arm? Yes.

You and I are both fans of Cam Newton. I pulled hard for him last year and hoped he would win a SB. Difference between us is that you are in denial about his arm. It’s not that he lost a bit of arm strength, he literally can’t handle the load of a full season throwing with his arm. When rested he can do it for a game or two, but not consistently enough to be a starting QB.  Sadly, this type of degenerative condition doesn’t get better with time. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

You and I are both fans of Cam Newton. I pulled hard for him last year and hoped he would win a SB. Difference between us is that you are in denial about his arm. It’s not that he lost a bit of arm strength, he literally can’t handle the load of a full season throwing with his arm. When rested he can do it for a game or two, but not consistently enough to be a starting QB.  Sadly, this type of degenerative condition doesn’t get better with time. 

With a full offseason/preseason with his team this year I guess we will see who's right in the end! He will have no excuses this year with a full training camp and what I imagine a new arsenal of receivers. All I wanted is for him to get a legitimate shot. Last year wasn't exactly that

2 hours ago, NAS said:

That's because he wasn't attempting many throws beyond short and intermediate.  With the same group of crappy wide receivers, Patriots went from throwing 58% of the time with Tom Brady, to only 47% of the time with Cam Newton. They went from 8th best passing offense (yds/game) in 2019, to 29th in 2020.  

Read the comments on their fan message board, 99% are shocked he was resigned. 

Sanu, Dorsett, Gordon and Watson were all not on the 2020 roster but on 2019. Also Edelman played all 16 games and caught 100 passes. Pretty huge difference in WR/TE talent between the two years. Talent that caught 200 passes for 2000 yards the year before with Brady that weren't on the roster or didn't play a full season healthy.