• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance on nfl network as if 12pm est

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

He ran 21 mph in a run against James Madison. I think it was the NC game but I could be wrong. Which was apparently faster than any qb runs that year in the nfl.  He plays faster than he runs 40 times. I can see it. Some players just have that speed like Josh Norman in his prime. He played faster than his 40 time.

im honestly not concerned about his running element. I wanna see him evade tackles in the pocket, throw on the run. He has that mobility to do that and that’s the biggest thing for me at the next level.

I'm not going to question the second portion of this, But being clocked at 21 MPH top speed isn't necessarily indicative of speed, acceleration and how long it's maintained... 4.5ish guys have been clocked at 22 mph in the NFL in the mid part of very long plays yet guys like Lamar Jackson and Tyreek Hills fastest MPH is around 21... I don't think the GPS trackers are all that accurate.

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This is maybe stupidest post have seen on this forum.  

FCS school and trying to look smart saying Division 1 is so ridiculous 

Lol there are 257 d1 schools between both subdivisions that equals a total of 27,000 total scholarship and non scholarship players. Each team is allowed a maximum of 105 players that means only 20 walkons on fbs teams. 85 grants

FCS schools get 63 grants but can split them up to 85 guys. 20 walkons. 

D2 is more like NC Central. They get 36 total grants.

The main difference between FBS schools and top FCS schools is the twos and skill players. Especially the kicking game.

There's not tons of difference in the 1s for the most part.

Lance looked great. A little raw but thats cool from the armature ranks when you have a real coaching staff. I also don't give a poop about the running, he looks to want to be a QB and not a run first QB on the NFL. Willson did it, Lance has all to tools to also pull it off.

As far as QBs go, he has everything you could ask for when not picking 1st overall. This guy not playing this year allowed us to have a chance at a real QB and not a 1st round backup like Jones.

At this point, it's all about what the staff on hand thinks.

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's an underwear workout with no defense, I am not making assumptions based on a pro day, it's concerning that he wouldn't run a 40 given his playing style... he's much slower than people think.

He'd leave Trevor in the dust, that much is for sure.

9 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I'm not going to question the second portion of this, But being clocked at 21 MPH top speed isn't necessarily indicative of speed, acceleration and how long it's maintained... 4.5ish guys have been clocked at 22 mph in the NFL in the mid part of very long plays yet guys like Lamar Jackson and Tyreek Hills fastest MPH is around 21... I don't think the GPS trackers are all that accurate.

"...but for the most part what is valid is total distance and the distribution of peak velocities reached based on time."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simplifaster.com/articles/athlete-tracking-systems/

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

"...but for the most part what is valid is total distance and the distribution of peak velocities reached based on time."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simplifaster.com/articles/athlete-tracking-systems/

If that was accurate I don't believe he would have passed on running the 40. 

Irrelevant in any case otherwise he's a fantastic QB prospect atheleticly, I am simply saying he isn't likely to be a day one starter.