• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance - best QB of this draft not named Lawrence

NAS

18 minutes ago, Verge said:

I am in the minority here, but I don't really think Trey Lance will need to sit. He would certainly walk out day 1 better than Teddy.

happy the simpsons GIF

I'm with you on this one Verge. Work on the Oline and turn him loose. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

I am in the minority here, but I don't really think Trey Lance will need to sit. He would certainly walk out day 1 better than Teddy.

I'll be glad to get him, and I don't care whether they sit him or not. I can see the benefits both ways. Rhule seems like a wise and knowledgeable enough guy to make an informed decision, and in a way that doesn't hinder Lance's development if in fact he does let him play. More reps in a planned and thoughtful manner are exactly what Lance needs to succeed! If they come in practice, great; if they come in live games, sobeit! 

• Beer 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

I believe he could beat Teddy out as well.. 

Maybe after the bye week but I doubt he walks in and picks up the offense better than teddy.  I truly hope if we get lance he just sits for a year and maybe Brady works with teddy to open things up and maybe we can eyeball the playoffs. 

I mean the saints arent crap, Falcons coming off a worse year than us and damn this has to be the year father time taps brady on the shoulder.

6 minutes ago, Verge said:

I agree start him day one, but would Rhule do that is the question. If we start Trey and bench Teddy that would suck just to see all that money on the bench. I really think we have to trade or cut him, this isn’t going to work him staying here. What u think?

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I agree start him day one, but would Rhule do that is the question. If we start Trey and bench Teddy that would suck just to see all that money on the bench. I really think we have to trade or cut him, this isn’t going to work him staying here. What u think?

Starting him week one would be an unimaginable disaster on so many levels.  I think there is not a snows ball chance in hell that scenario happens.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Maybe after the bye week but I doubt he walks in and picks up the offense better than teddy.  I truly hope if we get lance he just sits for a year and maybe Brady works with teddy to open things up and maybe we can eyeball the playoffs. 

I mean the saints arent crap, Falcons coming off a worse year than us and damn this has to be the year father time taps brady on the shoulder.

I will put money on we don’t win but 5 or 6 games if Teddy is the starter.

Playoffs?

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I'm not sure I want Teddy teaching him how to football.  Mentor him on how to be a professional maybe.  But how to QB? No way.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not sure I want Teddy teaching him how to football.  Mentor him on how to be a professional maybe.  But how to QB? No way.

On the recent Ringer nfl podcast they talk about how Case Keenum did that Baker this past year and it paid off big.  Case showed Baker the ropes.  What time to get to the facility, how to watch film, how to navigate positional meetings etc.  Just how to be a qb in general not really in the area of slinging the ball just how to be a professional.  Sounds like Teddy is perfect for that role

Apparently Baker never had a mentor type figure showing him how to do it.  Its the browns so I believe it

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

On the recent Ringer nfl podcast they talk about how Case Keenum did that Baker this past year and it paid off big.  Case showed Baker the ropes.  What time to get to the facility, how to watch film, how to navigate positional meetings etc.  Just how to be a qb in general not really in the area of slinging the ball just how to be a professional.  Sounds like Teddy is perfect for that role

Apparently Baker never had a mentor type figure showing him how to do it.  Its the browns so I believe it

I’m not paying Teddy 20 mil to be a mentor this year, can go get Smith or Fitz to do that for way cheaper 

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Maybe not week one or TC but Teddy will start being Teddy at some point and Talent rises to the top... 

Let's also remember alot of us didn't think Cam was ready to start after a horrible pre season... Then best rookie QB year ever...

Edited by WOW!!

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I never put any stock in underwear olympics.  Game tape is the only thing you can truly measure and that can be misleading also.  It takes more than physical ability to be successful in the NFL.  It's what's between the ears and in their heart that gives them a fighting chance.

Yeah I recall watching Johnny Manziels Pro Day and I think he went like 65/65 and looked absolutely amazing. And we all know how well he worked out….