• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers might trade up according Jason loc aflorla if they can't get Watson

Panthers316

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You mean if they get the qb you want.  Maybe the one they want is not in the first round.  Ever thought of that?

Why would I? If they don’t get a QB in the first round then we aren’t getting a QB period. Mac Jones and Mond are not franchise QBs they are low end starters at most. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

A 43 year old savant just won his 7th Super Bowl. 

And there will never be another Tom Brady. Like a .0000001% chance. People need to stop bringing up Brady in anything about drafting a qb. He’s a major outlier. I swear that’s why people want Mac Jones. Oh he can be the next Tom Brady! No.

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Why would I? If they don’t get a QB in the first round then we aren’t getting a QB period. Mac Jones and Mond are not franchise QBs they are low end starters at most. 

Maybe you should get a job for the team evaluating QB's since you are an expert?

• Pie 1

Deshaun Watson Trade Rumors: Panthers Intrigue Texans QB

There have been long-simmering rumors Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper is determined to acquire Deshaun Watson.

Apparently, the interest is mutual.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said Sunday on SportsCenter that the idea of playing in Carolina is "intriguing" for Watson:

"The Carolina Panthers are inclined to big-game hunt for Deshaun Watson, if he's available. Nothing yet, but I'm told Watson himself would at least be intrigued by the option of Carolina. A nice, good, young team. Aggressive owner. Close to his hometown of Gainesville, Georgia. So they would certainly look at that, but they have Teddy Bridgewater as their fallback. I'm told they still like Bridgewater better than say most free agents available. So they'll look hard at the draft; No. 8 overall potentially drafting a guy. Monitor the Watson situation and see if he becomes available. And they'll hold onto Bridgewater at least for the short term and just see what their options are."

Sorry it wouldn’t let me copy tweet on iPhone. Here u go fizzledudz

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

LoL. Okay. Could say the same for you. Since you seem to know all about how these QBs will turn out. Pot calling the kettle black. 

I never predicted how any of these guys will turn out.  Show one post of mine claiming otherwise.  The only thing if said about these prospects is that I would not trade up for any of them.  I don't care which one if any they pick at 8.  I just hope whatever they do it works out and doesn't end up another failed attempt at building a consistent winner.  I'm sick of mediocrity myself.

11 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Deshaun Watson Trade Rumors: Panthers Intrigue Texans QB

There have been long-simmering rumors Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper is determined to acquire Deshaun Watson.

Apparently, the interest is mutual.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said Sunday on SportsCenter that the idea of playing in Carolina is "intriguing" for Watson:

"The Carolina Panthers are inclined to big-game hunt for Deshaun Watson, if he's available. Nothing yet, but I'm told Watson himself would at least be intrigued by the option of Carolina. A nice, good, young team. Aggressive owner. Close to his hometown of Gainesville, Georgia. So they would certainly look at that, but they have Teddy Bridgewater as their fallback. I'm told they still like Bridgewater better than say most free agents available. So they'll look hard at the draft; No. 8 overall potentially drafting a guy. Monitor the Watson situation and see if he becomes available. And they'll hold onto Bridgewater at least for the short term and just see what their options are."

Sorry it wouldn’t let me copy tweet on iPhone. Here u go fizzledudz

If you leave a dream job you took somewhere, made money, ready to leave, where you going to go? Home.

That's what this is about at this point.

• Pie 1