• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General NFL Free Agency Thread

Ricky Spanish

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I sincerely hope they are a disaster. It would be epic to see that franchise collapse.

I doubt they will, although they may still draft one to prepare for the future. Clearly they are not all-in on Cam.

I didn’t mean as far as long term but there’s been chatter cam wouldn’t even start this year. 

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I didn’t mean as far as long term but there’s been chatter cam wouldn’t even start this year. 

That would be extremely interesting. I'd prefer to see him not start so I don't have to openly root against him. My love for Cam is completely outdone by my hatred for all things New England.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

That would be extremely interesting. I'd prefer to see him not start so I don't have to openly root against him. My love for Cam is completely outdone by my hatred for all things New England.

I didn’t phrase it right. These are win now moves the Patriots are making. I don’t see them trotting a rookie out there. Could be wrong but it doesn’t seem likely. Now if they trade or sign another qb then it could be different. But I think they’re rolling with Cam and getting these weapons for him. Two tight end sets. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

49ers were previously said to be looking at Bridgewater, but...

Dalton fits either scheme.

Dalton is an exceptional backup. Seems ideal for the 49ers. Perhaps he gets scooped by the Bears and then the 49ers really want Bridgewater. That would be pretty sweet.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Dalton is an exceptional backup. Seems ideal for the 49ers. Perhaps he gets scooped by the Bears and then the 49ers really want Bridgewater. That would be pretty sweet.

Flipside, i.e. the 49ers get Dalton and the Bears take an interest in Bridgewater, could also be true.

13 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I didn’t phrase it right. These are win now moves the Patriots are making. I don’t see them trotting a rookie out there. Could be wrong but it doesn’t seem likely. Now if they trade or sign another qb then it could be different. But I think they’re rolling with Cam and getting these weapons for him. Two tight end sets. 

I think they still draft a rookie, but the moves seem like they’re trying to give Cam a legit shot. I don’t think those FAs come for an unknown rookie either. 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

I think they still draft a rookie, but the moves seem like they’re trying to give Cam a legit shot. I don’t think those FAs come for an unknown rookie either. 

I agree. I have this weird feeling they’re gonna draft Lance to learn under Cam for a season. I obviously hope we draft him before the Patriots get the chance.