• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Odd Day for the Panthers

17 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Well we have 18m to spend.... I have no Idea bro. depends on what they are gonna do.

You need to factor in-season space. *Normally* you want at least 7 million to sign free agents, cause as panther fans we know theres going to be injured players. Minimum 5 million, yea you can have 0, but thats beyond dumb and no one does it. Most teams have 8-5 in season and roll the remains next year. It gos fast, especially if everyone needs ______ , you got to up a signing bonus/other to get the player. 

Best way to get space(imo) would be signing Moton, Moore, and/or Anderson to extension.   

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You need to factor in-season space. *Normally* you want at least 7 million to sign free agents, cause as panther fans we know theres going to be injured players. Minimum 5 million, yea you can have 0, but thats beyond dumb and no one does it. Most teams have 8-5 in season and roll the remains next year. It gos fast, especially if everyone needs ______ , you got to up a signing bonus/other to get the player. 

Best way to get space(imo) would be signing Moton, Moore, and/or Anderson to extension.   

Correct and in season extensions happen pretty frequently if you go shopping in the offseason, keeping free space is rather new honestly because the previous collective bargaining agreement didn't allow cap rollover.

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Correct and in season extensions happen pretty frequently if you go shopping in the offseason, keeping free space is rather new honestly because the previous collective bargaining agreement didn't allow cap rollover.

GMs use that for leverage too- agent " I see you got 10 million in space, up your offer!!! " GM- "Nah, need all that for in-season injury insurance" 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

GMs use that for leverage too- agent " I see you got 10 million in space, up your offer!!! " GM- "Nah, need all that for in-season injury insurance" 

I was honestly just trying to dispel the myth of "we have no money" front loaded deals are so rare that 10-15m is enough to go on a decent shopping spree.

On 3/15/2021 at 8:52 PM, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

To say the least, Two sub par offensive linemen and cutting Kerr..... So were does that leave us?

Well the two contracts have a combined cap hit this season of about 3.5M dollars.

Cutting Kerr reportedly saved 1.1M.

Based off ST and OTC we started the day with between 29 and 31m in cap space...

I'll use 30 as average...

30m

-3 5m for signings 

-10m for draft picks

+1.1 for cutting Kerr

This should leave roughly 18.5M dollars in available cap to spend....

So big Kahana or restarted rebuild?

I am by no means a cap wizard...but it’s sounds like a good amount to rollover with the 89% rule in mind. Course this is over a 4 year period which I believe started this year. Maybe that explains TB? Then of course I think the rest of the league has to spend a certain amount.

Maybe someone with more cap knowledge can confirm but this is basically how teams like the Browns were some ridiculous 80 million extra in cap space one year...

Always good to take advantage of the rollover in a  rebuilding time so the money is there when the players worth spending on are also there. Take all this as a grain though I’m not sure how it’s work tbh.