• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who had a better rookie season - Cam in 2011 or LaMelo this year?

39 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

who are the target "Stars" next season?

I've only just started watching the NBA again, mostly because of melo. 

We should be getting Biz & Zeller off the books and carve some more space for a ~20-25 mil/yr guy. The end of Batum’s dead cash as well which set us back $9 mil this season.

John Collins and Jarrett Allen being strong possibilities. Star level wise, that’s going to be a forced trade type scenario if it happens.

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It has become more soft in the name of player safety taking constant advantage of the spirit of the rule is a lack of competitive integrity.

That is why Adam Silver started to fine players who take advantage of it. 

The NFL added the ability to challenge PI calls and then removed it a year later, why?

5 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

That is why Adam Silver started to fine players who take advantage of it. 

The NFL added the ability to challenge PI calls and then removed it a year later, why?

Good for the NBA I doubt it will do much unless they make it an ejection offense. 

Also they didn't remove it It was only approved on a one year trial basis... It expired and wasn't renewed.

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Because refs weren't overturning any of the calls. I feel like this was an issue early on in the overall replay process. Felt like early on, the refs were too proud and stubborn to overturn anything but the most comically blatant errors.

4 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Run a post route and if the DB gets to close to you flail your arms up and wait for that yellow flag to get thrown.

Both leagues have this problem because they are making harder to play defense in the name of safety. 

One league is actively trying to find a way to combat the issue. The other seems to be getting worse year after year.

Qb get tapped on the head and act like they got chopped by a Shaolin Monk..

DL act like they been gripped up by a human octopus trying to get Holding calls...

It happens in every league.. Some ppl choose to see what they want when they like or dislike a sport..

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

Qb get tapped on the head and act like they got chopped by a Shaolin Monk..

DL act like they been gripped up by a human octopus trying to get Holding calls...

It happens in every league.. Some ppl choose to see what they want when they like or dislike a sport..

I LOVED basketball growing up. By far and away my favorite sport to play and to watch. 

Great question OP.

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Cam rookie season is consider 1 of the greatest rookie QB season ever.. He broke Atleast 10 records and ushered in a new identity to QBing.. 

Lamelo is killing it but it's still not a all time rookie season.. Cam rookie year is more comparable to Lebron and Magic's rookie year..

Both historic seasons. LaMelo led all rookies in point/rebounds/steal/assists going into the All-Star break and no one else has done that in 60 years. Saw some other stat that was just him, Steph Curry, and Jason Kidd alone on the list. 

The Lebron/Cam comparison is great. He was putting the team on his back a lot, which is much crazier for one football player to do versus one basketball player. LaMelo's awesome but this season is a perfect storm for the Hornets in general.  Take him out and this is still probably the best group of shooters Charlotte's ever had on the floor. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because refs weren't overturning any of the calls. I feel like this was an issue early on in the overall replay process. Felt like early on, the refs were too proud and stubborn to overturn anything but the most comically blatant errors.

Well I think we can all agree on one thing, Roger Goodell sucks.

Melo is having a great year mid-season, but its Cam. 

Cam broke a ton of records as the #1 pick to the absolute worst team in football. 

The Hornets werent the worst team in basketball. The NBA draft doesnt necessarily work that way. And as much as I'm loving Lamelo, he's not "carrying" the Hornets. Their young talent is growing and maturing and Gordan Haywood is a legit All Star. Its the best situation for Lamelo. He didnt even start the whole season.

Lamelo is having a great start and I think he will make big impact for a longer time, = but go back and look at Cam Newtons rookie season.... he broke records. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I LOVED basketball growing up. By far and away my favorite sport to play and to watch. 

Cool I love the game back then to and love it now for being more free flowing...

I'm just pointing out that flopping and acting happens in all sports...

WR are always looking for a flags and QB stay on the ground a few ticks extra trying to sell roughing calls...