• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson has lawsuit filed against him by Tony Buzbee

Verge

Just now, davos said:

It's because he's a pure skeezball who's trying to make himself look closer than he is to the top brass of Houston area politics when he's really just a publicity lawyer and failed mayoral candidate.

He definitely comes off like a colossal douche.

That doesn't necessarily mean the accusation is false of course, but it doesn't really help things.

• Pie 3

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He definitely comes off like a colossal douche.

That doesn't necessarily mean the accusation is false of course, but it doesn't really help things.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions but this reeks of slime.  And given what we're seeing develop, it appears it could be ricocheting right back into his face.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

The masseuse is claiming that Watson asked her to massage him in an "inappropriate" area. The masseuse does not claim Watson ever made contact with her. 

Buzbee has neither filed a lawsuit or served Watson. No Texas lawyers can find it anywhere. 

oh lawd haha.

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've felt the same, but was able to get some explanations from a few of the people it happened to.

Sad truth is that even for legitimate victims, there are a load of negative repercussions involved in seeking justice. It can permanently alter and/or damage their lives on top of what's already happened. Some would rather just move on.

If you're a guy who's seriously angered by injustice, it's tough to take, but obviously nowhere near as difficult as it is for the victims.

No doubt. Well said.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, davos said:

I'm not jumping to any conclusions but this reeks of slime.  And given what we're seeing develop, it appears it could be ricocheting right back into his face.

Claimed to have filed a lawsuit, but now hasn't actually filed anything?

Oy 🙄

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Claimed to have filed a lawsuit, but now hasn't actually filed anything?

Oy 🙄

Publicly announcing a lawsuit against Watson, yet he hadn't filed a lawsuit.

Deshaun may be able to have a defamation case built in no time depending on how this unravels.  Seems like he's just trying to breathe it out into the ethos.  I mean, if Deshaun asked for more inner thigh and she said no and then he didn't press any further, then I'm a bit confused to the whole misconduct here.  Anyhoo, always shaky grounds to walk on in this territory, Ima peace from this thread ha.

Edited by davos

47 minutes ago, Tbe said:

He was once sued for defamation when trying to drum up business to sue a Houston surgeon. 

https://casetext.com/case/buzbee-v-canales-2

Pretty scummy stuff.

Did you read the decision? The suit was dismissed, appealed and dismissed again meaning a judge ruled the claims baseless. 

Family was suing a doctor for medical malpractice after their 2 year old child died in their care for a routine surgery. 

The ads were an attempt to locate other families who lost a child to negligent care to bolster their argument, put pressure on for a settlement or search for a mass tort exposure. 

If it was my kid I'd want to make sure the doctor never worked again. You'd be surprised how many surgeons have patients die from legitimate negligence and go on to continue working because the insurance paid out.

As someone who deals with Personal Injury lawyers daily for work this doesn't even register as scummy. This is no different than those dozens of commercials "Have you or someone you loved suffered from mesothelioma? You MAY be entitled to financial compensation"

Just my take though. Don't mean to derail the thread. Will be interesting to read the complaint once available .

15 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

The masseuse is claiming that Watson asked her to massage him in an "inappropriate" area. The masseuse does not claim Watson ever made contact with her. 

Buzbee has neither filed a lawsuit or served Watson. No Texas lawyers can find it anywhere. 

Thats it?  Dude asked for a happy ending?  I'm assuming she can prove none of this....its her word against his.  Gee, I wonder whos gonna win that one?

15 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Lmao wtf?