• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

Based on what I have read, nothing is borderline rape or anything like that, if true.  So I say do your homework on Watson, and if you believe in him as a person, this might be the moment to buy.  Houston can't handle the negative reputation, and we can support him.  If he did do it, put him into some therapy, write a check to compensate women who felt violated to some degree, and it probably goes away.

UNCfan88, I am a white person who fights for social justice of all kinds. I teach seminars on the subject and have written 2 books that feature social justice, equity, racism, cultural responsiveness, etc. throughout.  While I believe it is real and I see the plight of those who struggle to overcome it, one of the biggest threats to accomplishing social justice is careless finger pointing and accusations.  Blanket statements that suggest everyone who did not like Cam or Watson is a racist hurts progress in this area because it increases the divide.  I am not saying that this is not true in some cases, but in actuality, you don't know--you merely suspect.  So in your attempt to call out racism, you use the tactics of a racist.  I support you and know it exists, but until you come to a determination based on fact and not supposition or hunch, it is not productive.  The guy is being accused of things that could represent a major character flaw and we are about to send the immediate future of this team and some key players to get him.  I am pretty sure that is the issue--what we are giving up to get him and what we are risking by doing so--not race.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

has it happened yet

I think we are experiencing some labor pains. We are either going to have a beautiful new QB or a bloody mess on our hands, depending on the perspective and outcome.

For the life of me, i cant understand why so many people want a QB that A: is disgruntled with the team and demands a trade. B: Now has multiple lawsuits hanging  over him that may prevent him from even playing a portion in 2021 at worst, or otherwise be a huge distraction at best. 

And after all of that...literally no draft picks of importance for the next 2-3 years on top of possibly losing 1 or two of our best players. 

Lets recap.  3 years worth of 1 or 2 round picks AND a buffet of our best players. All for a guy that basically points and says fug you team..im not gonna play! Trade me! And yall want that kind of personality here?????

Boy of boy imagine the hate Cam would have gotten if he did the same. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, Beasonsbeasts52 said:

@Vergewith all this going on.. do you think this dampers the chances of us trading for him? I’d imagine it went down from 90% yesterday? What are you hearing? There’s three sides to every story and I’m not gonna rush to judgement on anything until we hear more things and see how it plays out. It’s extremely disheartening stuff and not acceptable at all if in fact he did do all this but I’m a believer in innocent until proven guilty. Thanks for the info! 

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

The people that don't want Watson are the same people that didn't want cam. We all know why

My God you are tiring.

There's two legitimate reasons why someone wouldn't want Watson.

How can these people be racist and love Burns or Smith or Lathon or Maxie or any other Black player we've ever had.

You understand that makes no sense right?

Couldn't someone be just unsatisfied with Cam's play at the time?

I'd love to have Watson at the right price. I'd love to have Lance Fields or Wilson too.

Edited by Catsfan69
  • Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

For the life of me, i cant understand why so many people want a QB that A: is disgruntled with the team and demands a trade. B: Now has multiple lawsuits hanging  over him that may prevent him from even playing a portion in 2021 at worst, or otherwise be a huge distraction at best. 

And after all of that...literally no draft picks of importance for the next 2-3 years on top of possibly losing 1 or two of our best players. 

Lets recap.  3 years worth of 1 or 2 round picks AND a buffet of our best players. All for a guy that basically points and says fug you team..im not gonna play! Trade me! And yall want that kind of personality here?????

They are valid concerns. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

My God you are tiring.

There's two legitimate reasons why someone wouldn't want Watson.

How can these people be racist and love Burns or Smith or Lathon or Maxie or any other Black player we've ever had.

You understand that makes no sense right?

Couldn't someone be just unsatisfied with Cam's play at the time?

Well I won't claim that someone is racist for not liking Watson or Cam, there is a long standing opinion (whether you realize it or not) that QB is a white players position, and that is why black QBs were constantly labeled as having low football IQ, such as Cam, Vick, etc etc. It's very subtle stuff, but it definitely happens. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Valid points.   Here is how I see it.

A: Houston is a train wreck of an organization, and the players know it.  Imagine the bosses at work were idiots and undermined all people do.  Asking for a trade is not a new thing--as you know.  B.  These civil suits do complicate things, so the Panthers should do their homework.  What seems as if it is a deterrent to some may be a buying opportunity for others. This is not to condone accused behaviors, but it is a risk we take when we draft players every year--is he someone we can trust to learn from his mistakes (if that is what they are)?

Draft picks:  While I have read various accounts of this stat, the estimation of first rounders that succeed in the NFL is around 55%--less for a QB.  So here, you get a sure thing and you trade 3 first rounders, or the equivalent of 165/300 or 1.6 successful players.  After this accusation, I am not sure the price will be as high now--so if you believe in the guy, guilty or not, you bring him in.  If he was guilty, he should write the checks and express his remorse for making the women feel uncomfortable or threatened.  Then enroll in therapy.  If he is guilty and not remorseful, then I think that suggests more behavior like this could lie ahead.  But most of all, if you think he is innocent (based on your lawyer's research) you go after him asap. You support him during his darkest moment, and he is loyal to you for life. 

By the way-you should have mentioned the 2 ACL surgeries.  That is my biggest concern, then I think of Thomas Davis...

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Pretty much everyone ITT has stated they don't want Watson due to his current projected price. That has nothing to do with what you're implying. I would love to have him here, but not if we drop him into a similar situation as Cam was dropped into. The thought of augmenting through FA spending next season to offset the loss of draft picks and players has me warming to the idea. I just don't want to watch another generational talent at QB get bashed to bits and squandered like we did with Cam. 

Just look at Mahomes in the SB to see what not having oline can get you.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

CC, while having good intentions, is too easily abused. It has to be moderated somehow.

Moderated by whom exactly? The unaccountable fake news who fully supports and hypes up cancel culture?!?

Propoganda and lies have consumed this country. The media has long lost their moral compass.

The judiciary? Pleeeese, no luck there.

It's US!

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1