• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Allegations detailed (not good)

Mills

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not saying that you won't end up right, but not saying that you won't end up wrong either. There are too many unknown details and a highly suspicious situation to draw conclusions at the moment. 

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/168742-per-adam-schefter-“in-speaking-to-some-teams-i-don’t-think-this-is-going-to-deter-anyone’s-interest-in-trading-for-deshaun-watson”/

There is absolutely no way this situation is cleared up anytime before the draft.  It took the NFL forever to do its investigation on Antonio Brown.  You could argue they have more of an incentive to expedite that process with Watson, but it still wouldn't be finished by the draft.  And the Panthers are not going to turn down trading up for a QB just to hope the Watson situation maybe clears itself.

You flat-out can't trade for a player who could potentially have 9 women accusing him of harassment/assault/rape.  It just isn't going to happen and I think Schefter said that before the 3rd report came out.  Teams ain't about to give up hella draft capital for that, and at this point the Texans may as well wait because they aren't gonna get 50% of his value right now.

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

There is absolutely no way this situation is cleared up anytime before the draft.  It took the NFL forever to do its investigation on Antonio Brown.  You could argue they have more of an incentive to expedite that process with Watson, but it still wouldn't be finished by the draft.  And the Panthers are not going to turn down trading up for a QB just to hope the Watson situation maybe clears itself.

You flat-out can't trade for a player who could potentially have 9 women accusing him of harassment/assault/rape.  It just isn't going to happen and I think Schefter said that before the 3rd report came out.  Teams ain't about to give up hella draft capital for that, and at this point the Texans may as well wait because they aren't gonna get 50% of his value right now.

Yeah this is your opinion, nothing up to this point has been precedented at all so his guess is as good as yours as to what's gonna happen by the draft

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yeah this is your opinion, nothing up to this point has been precedented at all so his guess is as good as yours as to what's gonna happen by the draft

Lol dude I will literally bet you $1000 right now that this is not cleared up by the time the draft hits.

Take it or leave it.  You really think civil court and the NFL's investigation (which has been confirmed to be happening) is going to be done within the next month and a half?  If so, I have a bridge to sell you.

It's over guys read the room. When it's all said and done I get the feeling it's going to come out that the Texans knew about this and sat on it. Whether or not they have anything to do with the timing of this finally becoming public remains to be seen but it's quite suspicious with everything that has already happened in a month or so.

16 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

I’ve been on the Deshaun express as long as anyone but I can read a room.  9 women and counting?  Yup, trade is off the table, damnit.  At least not for anywhere near the original price.  Guess I’ll just resign myself to watching poo QB play for another five years

This doesn't prevent them from pursuing another QB.  Hell they still have time to find another one before the season starts.  It's not the end of football as we know it.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

This doesn't prevent them from pursuing another QB.  Hell they still have time to find another one before the season starts.  It's not the end of football as we know it.

If anything it makes it more likely we trade into the top 3.  I mean if we can trade for Watson, we can absolutely put together a package for the #2 or #3 overall pick.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

If anything it makes it more likely we trade into the top 3.  I mean if we can trade for Watson, we can absolutely put together a package for the #2 or #3 overall pick.

Hell why not go for Trevor if cost is not a factor?  Why not trade for Brady or Mahommes if you want franchise QB that badly?  I don't get the obsession with Watson at all costs, especially since this come out?  I mean damn this is getting insane.

Edited by Jon Snow

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

He said they can't let inmates run the prison while they were protesting police violence, the players understandably took offense. I got the year wrong, changes nothing

It was almost 3.5 years ago and the guy has been dead for 2.5 years...

...but don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative.

Hell why not go for Trevor if cost is not a factor?  Why not trade for Brady or Mahommes if you want franchise QB that badly?  I don't get the obsession with Watson at all costs, especially since this come out?  I mean damn this is getting insane.

Watson wanted out. None of the other options you listed are feasible.

• Pie 1

I have a hard time believing they would move off the 1st pick for anything less than Tepper buying the Jags and trading the pick to us himself.