• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We signed Denzel Perryman

GoobyPls

Just now, GoobyPls said:

Different LB, Shaq is better athlete better in coverage, Denzel is a run stuffer with better instincts. On tape Denzel is better more consistent, problem is he’s always injured.

That always injured thing... seems to constantly come up. Anyone know how many times it was for concussions? 

8 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Besides CMC, who it became obvious we were sitting out on purpose, who on the roster spent a lot of time out of the lineup with a new injury? I say new because Okung came into the picture with multiple prior injuries and KK has stayed injured for the last few years.

Rhule and Tepper have their sports science facility and they've said they're committed to providing the best care to their players year round. Perhaps in these three players we've signed, they see manageable injuries that can be mitigated by better care, and believe they can keep them on the field longer. Just a thought. I'm going to be optimistic about it. I'll be bummed if they spend all year on the bench, but it's just a game. 

Edit: 2021 will be Year One for a lot of what Rhule wanted to bring to Carolina, now that they won't have to do everything over Zoom and can be in the same building. 

Djax, Pride, YGM, Daley, Bonnafon, Burris, Little, Kirkwood, Miller, Reed all had more than few bums. Missing some IR ones, I think. Omar had a knee injury..

Panthers were on their 4th LT in week 17. 

The old saying "Cannt make the club, in the tub" I want tough-ass players, just like Rhule. Every target in FA has a long list of injuries with games missed. Its football and all, I too hope they have some magic in the training staff. Odds are not in the panthers favor. 

26 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Apparently now we have one of the best LBs in the league

Panthers agreed to terms with LB Denzel Perryman, formerly of the Chargers, on a two-year contract.

Perryman was one of the better off-ball linebackers to hit the market after both Lavonte David and Matt Milano stayed with their respective teams. In Carolina, Perryman will take over at the MIKE after Tahir Whitehead played largely empty snaps there last season. It'll be Perryman, Shaq Thompson, and Jeremy Chinn at linebacker for the Panthers, giving them one of the better trios in the league. Perryman has yet to play a full 16-game season through six years in the league.

I don't know about one of the best, but Shaq, Perryman, & Chinn are WAY better than what we had going into last season.  Like light years better

Just now, Seltzer said:

I don't know about one of the best, but Shaq, Perryman, & Chinn are WAY better than what we had going into last season.  Like light years better

Jermaine Carter broke out late last season, don't forget him. Run defense looked way better after he replaced Whitehead. Also Chinn might get moved full time to safety.

40 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

He's a Panther now, so I'm cheering for his success, but...

Looking over his career stats, I'm seeing half the time he's a starter when he's in games, half the time he's on the bench. Not many sacks, forced fumbles, INTs or even actual tackles. Played much of his time apparently in a 3-4 defense.

Exactly why did we pick him up? Anything should be an improvement over Whitehead, but can someone point out to me where's the gleam here?

In the 3-3-5 look, there is no need to cover the deep seam route like with the Tampa II.  We just need a run stuffer.  I am guessing this is that guy

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Two kinds of football players. Those who have been injured,  and those that are going to be injured. 

Add a 3rd- Those who are injury-prone.

By seasons 100% of the team has some sort of alignment, bump, bruise, pulled, sprung, swelling, ache, stiff, body part.  

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Jermaine Carter broke out late last season, don't forget him. Run defense looked way better after he replaced Whitehead. Also Chinn might get moved full time to safety.

Carter seems pissed at the panthers, he might not be in the plans..