• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers signing corner Rashaan Melvin

Mr. Scot

Panthers signed CB Rashaan Melvin to a one-year contract.

Melvin has bounced around the league since entering as an undrafted free agent in 2013. Last year, he opted out of the season for COVID-19 reasons and the Jaguars released him shortly after. The 31-year-old offers depth as a fringe starter. Carolina will be playing a lot of Cover 3 zone defense under DC Phil Snow. Expect plenty of three-safety looks, too.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

31 year old tall for a corner at 6’2” more of a mentor type for our really young secondary I suppose 

Mentor for what? Which NFL breakrooms have the best coffee?

I jest, but this dude ain't the answer. I'll be surprised if he's on the final roster.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mentor for what? Which NFL breakrooms have the best coffee?

I jest, but this dude ain't the answer. I'll be surprised if he's on the final roster.

I don't think it was intended for him to be the answer to anything other depth and maybe special teams.  A lot of these guys will probably not get any playing time unless it's on special teams.