• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Adam Schefter, “In speaking to some teams, I don’t think this is going to deter anyone’s interest in trading for Deshaun Watson”

Julio

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Either we're THAT desperate to make this deal happen regardless or the overall perception is that this is a shakedown.

I think it's reasonable to believe the circumstances surrounding these allegations are strange despite people attempting to guilt trip everyone into automatically believing every accusation regardless of circumstance. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

He said that before the 3rd case dropped.

Don't know, but yeah, I have a hard time buying that an allegation of forced oral sex wouldn't give a team pause.

Might be that teams are still interested if things get worked out. Trading for him under the current circumstances would be a huge mistake.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Either we're THAT desperate to make this deal happen regardless or the overall perception is that this is a shakedown.

Think you gotta look at someone like Antonio Brown, who just won a Super Bowl with Tampa not getting much (if any) flack for signing him. His situation, which is still ongoing, is pretty similar to what Deshaun is being accused of. 

9 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I think it's reasonable to believe the circumstances surrounding these allegations are strange despite people attempting to guilt trip everyone into automatically believing every accusation regardless of circumstance. 

The timing of all this is CERTAINLY suspect....as is the lawyer who is involved.  

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know, but yeah, I have a hard time buying that an allegation of forced oral sex wouldn't give a team pause.

Might be that teams are still interested if things get worked out. Trading for him under the current circumstances would be a huge mistake.

there is the argument NFL teams have better ears/contacts to what is actually going on though than us/media...

I would imagine there are players in the NFL that got a pretty good grasp on this situation with Watson.  That know his sins.  Know what has been happening. 

Things are often a surprise to us.  Not to the NFL.   We were shocked to learn about a lot of stuff that has gone down in the NFL.  Lot of it is stuff guys knew for years.  

• Pie 1