• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

14 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

So OJ didn't pay out any money for losing that case?

As mentioned the standards for guilt are much lower in civil cases vs criminal. 

I wouldn't make any employment decisions on civil cases due to that. 

The panthers have the info that no criminal charges have been filed and are or should be aware of innocent until proven guilty. 

For elite players, teams bend the rules and are way more flexible with regards to character issues. 

As if I am an owner or a fan, I am just trying to win. I don't chore boys. So long as they have a clean criminal record and or did their time for past transgressions, I am good. 

OJ paid millions to the Brown family. Yo I think he did it though and his family sued in civil court, so they couldn’t have been been hungry leaches as you want to pain civil Palintiffs. So would you have signed him? Of course not, it would be completely stupid. As it is with Deshaun until we know what the truth is.

Again, you’re looking at this completely wrong and far too black and white. The barometer isn’t whether he has been charged with a crime or not. Not all criminal allegations are the same. Cam had a criminal record, I assume you were fine with that? Of course you were because it was a silly college age transgression. While Watson’s hasn’t risen to a criminal level he is facing serious sexual misconduct allegations by dozens of women. That’s serious. You dont touch that until it’s resolved.

I’m not asking for choir boys, but you have to draw the line somewhere. You can’t have the face of your franchise be a sexual predator. You’re clearly very invested in this from a fan perspective and can’t weight the serious business and public pressure that comes from this. I highly doubt the Panthers will move on this front until this is resolved.

Hey look another allegation. This one isn’t even suing.

Edited by MGH1989
  • Pie 1
2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

I’m not asking for choir boys, but you have to draw the line somewhere. You can’t have the face of your franchise be a sexual predator. You’re clearly very invested in this from a fan perspective and can’t weight the serious business and public pressure that comes from this. I highly doubt the Panthers will w have on this front until this is resolved.

Hwy look another allegation. This one isn’t even suing.

Once you start throwing out terms like sexual predator, sex offender, etc. it looks pretty grim.

You can't trade for that guy. I'm not even sure you can keep that guy if you've already got him.

• Pie 2
2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Once you start throwing out terms like sexual predator, sex offender, etc. it looks pretty grim.

You can't trade for that guy. I'm not even sure you can keep that guy if you've already got him.

Steelers kept their guy.  Bucs did too. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Steelers kept their guy. 

After two allegations that either didn't even make it to court we're going to settled quickly and quietly.

You really want to try and make a case something like that is going to happen here?

Edited by Mr. Scot
1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

After two allegations that either didn't even make it to court we're going to settled quickly and quietly.

you really want to try and make a case something like that is going to happen here?

Sports is a weird and fugged up thing. 

Whether you are Big Ben scenario, a Leonard Little scenario or go to other sports like with Kobe.  Whatever.  Sports seems to consistently overlook all sorts of things it shouldn't.....and then everyone forgets.   Mike Tyson is back to being a cult hero of sorts as another. 

Who knows.  There clearly is something messed up with Watson going on.  No way all these women are scammers at this stage.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Steelers kept their guy.  Bucs did too. 

Ten years ago was an eternity ago. If you pay attention to any of this type of stuff the way we handled sexual misconduct allegations was way different. Post Harvey-Weinstein is an entirely different world. The alleged Big Ben stuff should have been taken far more serious. Having said that Big Ben has two accusers. Watson is over twenty. It is much harder to explain away one or two allegations vs twenty alleging similar behavior from Watson.

• Pie 2
2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sports is a weird and fugged up thing. 

Whether you are Big Ben scenario, a Leonard Little scenario or go to other sports like with Kobe.  Whatever.  Sports seems to consistently overlook all sorts of things it shouldn't.....and then everyone forgets.   Mike Tyson is back to being a cult hero of sorts as another. 

Who knows.  There clearly is something messed up with Watson going on.  No way all these women are scammers at this stage.

None of the situations you cited have multiple accusers, and certainly not two dozen of them.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

None of the situations you cited have multiple accusers, and certainly not two dozen of them.

I wasn't really trying to draw a direct comparison.....just pointing out with multiple different examples how the NFL and sports in general is pretty gross about not caring and punishing athletes like it should.    

• Beer 1
6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wasn't really trying to draw a direct comparison.....just pointing out with multiple different examples how the NFL and sports in general is pretty gross about not caring and punishing athletes like it should.    

Do you have any examples from the post Weinstein / #metoo era?

54 minutes ago, R2-D2 said:

what I’m saying is deshaun absolutely learned this from Dabo and clemson should be show caused immediately. 

Give It To Me Gimme GIF

Edited by Icege

As with many employers there is no due process in the NFL. The harsh truth is that this all comes down to optics and from an outside perspective this is a bigger mess than Roethlisberger or Kobe, who got the benefit of doubt in a lot of coverage due to the questions around consent in their cases. We’re looking at a possible serial offender here. This can’t be swept under the rug as a one off incident or a drunken mistake. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Do you have any examples from the post Weinstein / #metoo era?

#metoo era doesn’t seem to care if an offense was committed in present day or the past though does it? 

We will see.  Maybe you have faith in the NFL and major sports actually doing what is right despite essentially never doing the most bare bones possible.   

I certainly wouldn’t object to it.   Sports has a sad culture of almost aiding in a lot of really horrible things.  Would be nice if that gets broken.

• Beer 1