Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Boston Globe says Watson should remain with Texans.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'm no fan of the Texans' ownership and I get why they're hated, but the OP's article lays out a pretty clear case that the team holds all the cards in this standoff.  Watson will be forced to play this season if he hopes to avoid taking an extremely significant financial hit.

So why would the Texans ruin Deshaun's reputation/future to play in the NFL, when all they have to do is wait for him to cave due to financial pressure or trade him for a boatload of picks/players?

Attacking Deshaun's reputation while he's under contract would likely destroy both of those options.  It would be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

If I were Watson I would show up and be available but tell them he's not feeling well.  

Watson may be forced to stay with the Texans but doesn't mean he has to play at his 100%.   There are a million ways to collect your paycheck and perform well.  How many players get that big contract and become mediocre.  Damn I just missed him by over throw or underthrow. 

The NFL mysteriously puts players on IR all the time just to keep them from being snatched up off a waiver wire.  I'm Watson, I show up but don't play.    

 Watson may be forced to stay with the Texans but doesn't mean he has to play at his 100%.  

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If these women had literally any other lawyer, I'd find this way more believable. But buzbee has lied so many times. Just recently he lied about the police contacting him and he lied about not knowing the McNairs or caring about football when we put up billboards begging "his neighbor Bob mcnair" to sign Manziel. Add on the money grab at the beginning of this and his dirty mayoral campaign... 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'm no fan of the Texans' ownership and I get why they're hated, but the OP's article lays out a pretty clear case that the team holds all the cards in this standoff.  Watson will be forced to play this season if he hopes to avoid taking an extremely significant financial hit.

So why would the Texans ruin Deshaun's reputation/future to play in the NFL, when all they have to do is wait for him to cave due to financial pressure or trade him for a boatload of picks/players?

Attacking Deshaun's reputation while he's under contract would likely destroy both of those options.  It would be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

What about about them wanting to do this so they can void his contract???

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thomas9289 said:

What about about them wanting to do this so they can void his contract???

That would be 1st prize in the dumbest idea ever. Get 3 1st round picks and players or get nothing but a few bucks back?

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

If these women had literally any other lawyer, I'd find this way more believable. But buzbee has lied so many times. Just recently he lied about the police contacting him and he lied about not knowing the McNairs or caring about football when we put up billboards begging "his neighbor Bob mcnair" to sign Manziel. Add on the money grab at the beginning of this and his dirty mayoral campaign... 

Yeah, the level of scum that he seems to be when you start digging into his background makes this all seem pretty suspect. 

I will say, again, that if any of this ever gets traced back to McNair, they should absolutely strip him of his NFL team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr. Herbert said:

That would be 1st prize in the dumbest idea ever. Get 3 1st round picks and players or get nothing but a few bucks back?

They could get all his money back  and have no dead cap, which they would if they traded him and maybe his career is done also.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'm no fan of the Texans' ownership and I get why they're hated, but the OP's article lays out a pretty clear case that the team holds all the cards in this standoff.  Watson will be forced to play this season if he hopes to avoid taking an extremely significant financial hit.

So why would the Texans ruin Deshaun's reputation/future to play in the NFL, when all they have to do is wait for him to cave due to financial pressure or trade him for a boatload of picks/players?

Attacking Deshaun's reputation while he's under contract would likely destroy both of those options.  It would be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Possibly to force him into a financial corner. It seems he was prepared/ready to hold out the season if not traded. Which meant he would have been prepared/ready to pay those weekly fines to stand his ground. The initial settlement I think was to put a hole in his pocket and still leak info to the NFL to launch an investigation if that hole wasn’t big enough to change his mind. He will be playing for the Texans. They are controlling the strings so once they get him to break, all of this will gradually disappear and the Texans will look upstanding for “standing by their guy while facing false allegations “. Millionaires play games that make chess look like tic tac toe.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thomas9289 said:

They could get all his money back  and have no dead cap, which they would if they traded him and maybe his career is done also.

So would you take that or trade his contract for 3 first a couple of seconds and starters to save a few million. Even Texas isnt that dumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Herbert said:

So would you take that or trade his contract for 3 first a couple of seconds and starters to save a few million. Even Texas isnt that dumb.

If they could destroy his career/life at the same time it wouldn’t be dumb. You assume they care about being a successful football organization when there is zero evidence to support that whack job theory.

  • Beer 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, t96 said:

Who the fug cares what the Boston Globe says? Worthless paper.

And honestly, they didn't present anything new in this article. We've all heard the same arguments here, but for the new situation and circumstances surrounding it, weeks ago! And at least in my mind, this new situation doesn't make him any more likely to want to be a Texan. The new reasoning--if you can call it that--is poppycock!

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

If these women had literally any other lawyer, I'd find this way more believable. But buzbee has lied so many times. Just recently he lied about the police contacting him and he lied about not knowing the McNairs or caring about football when we put up billboards begging "his neighbor Bob mcnair" to sign Manziel. Add on the money grab at the beginning of this and his dirty mayoral campaign... 

If you’re going to risk your law license by supporting or soliciting a fabrication like this, you’re gonna make sure you can control your client(s).

You can control or coordinate 1 or 2 people. 

But 20+? 

For this to be a big lie, Buzbee would have had to 

1) Track down every woman that has proof of massaging Deshaun. Small group.

2) Approach all of them and hope they all agree to put their necks on the line to go along with the lie.

If one woman says no and goes to the press (for a different payday) to reveal that they were asked to lie, it’s over. 

That’s a massive risk for the lawyers and women accusing Deshaun.

IF the Texans or NFL is behind this in anyway, it’s far more likely that they dug up this dirt on him and decided to use it to set an example of him.

It doesn’t mean he’s innocent though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...