• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Jets' 2nd pick is open for business...?

TheCasillas

It would 100% be cheaper than the crazy Watson proposals floated around. 

Looking back there is some precedence for this. 2016 the Eagles moved up from 8 to 2, for a QB who was considered 2nd best in the draft. 

If they would take a similar offer to what the Eagles and Browns worked out I would pull the trigger personally even though I dont love the idea.

Just for the sake of making it easier to visualize I'm taking the exact terms of that deal in 2016 and applying it to present day picks:

Panthers get:

2021 1st - 2 overall

2022 4th

Jets get:

2021 1st - 8th overall 

2021 3rd 

2021 4th

2022 1st

2023 2nd

10 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

It would 100% be cheaper than the crazy Watson proposals floated around. 

Looking back there is some precedence for this. 2016 the Eagles moved up from 8 to 2, for a QB who was considered 2nd best in the draft. 

If they would take a similar offer to what the Eagles and Browns worked out I would pull the trigger personally even though I dont love the idea.

Just for the sake of making it easier to visualize I'm taking the exact terms of that deal in 2016 and applying it to present day picks:

Panthers get:

2021 1st - 2 overall

2022 4th

Jets get:

2021 1st - 8th overall 

2021 3rd 

2021 4th

2022 1st

2023 2nd

Difference is Watson was a proven elite talent in college and a proven elite talent in the NFL. 

Wilson is none of that. 

I don't see how people can be anti-Watson deal pre scandal and pro Wilson trade up. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

overbidding for a proven NFL commodity is one thing....over bidding for a dude whose signature game was losing to Coastal Carolina doesn't do it for me. 

I'm not on the Wilson train but acting like that coastal Carolina game shows anything is both silly and lazy analysis.

Wilson played pretty well that game but a lot of his teammates didn't. His receivers were dropping balls left and right.

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

Difference is Watson was an proven elite talent in college and a proven elite talent in the NFL. 

Wilson is none of that. 

Oh 100% agree. I can see why he costs more in terms of capital. Only said this would be cheaper and if we're gauging it against the reported value of CMC, Burns AND 3 firsts for Watson, id go this route.

Just me and my admittedly personal opinion.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not on the Wilson train but acting like that coastal Carolina game shows anything is both silly and lazy analysis.

Wilson played pretty well that game but a lot of his teammates didn't. His receivers were dropping balls left and right.

Pretend he doesn't have injury concerns.  

If I told you to point to one game where he showed he was worth trading up to the #2 spot....what game would that be?  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

If I told you to point to one game where he showed he was worth trading up to the #2 spot....what game would that be?  

Their bowl game (I forget which bowl it was). He was damn near surgical in that one.

Professional evaluators have him as the second best quarterback in the draft, and a few even say the first.

So "pretending he doesn't have injury concerns", hell yes, he'd be worth it.

Unfortunately, you can't draft on pretend.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eh, a franchise QB finds a way to win games or so I heard.

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

It's not any one game, Wilson showed throughout the year that he was a top 10 worthy pick based on how he throws guys open, throws with anticipation, and throws incredibly accurately while improvising. 

Coastal was not on him. At all. Watch the film again, he was dropping dimes that were getting dropped left and right. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Their bowl game (I forget which bowl it was). He was damn near surgical in that one.

Professional evaluators have him as the second best quarterback in the draft, and a few even say the first.

So "pretending he doesn't have injury concerns", hell yes, he'd be worth it.

Unfortunately, you can't draft on pretend.

I don't want to give up a fortune for someone whose signature game is against a 6 win Central Florida team. 

Draft him at 8 is a big enough gamble as is.