• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers don't love other QB's besides Lawrence and Wilson

TheSpecialJuan

Guys it's simple really, the smart and prudent thing to do is:

1) never invest at all

2) never take chances

3) never do anything that rocks the boat

4) never embrace current thought on roster construction

5) just hope for the best and wait for generational players to fall to us in the middle of the draft without giving anything up or doing anything at all

6) hope this all happens soon 

you crazy madden players just need to understand how things are actually done

let the draft come to you, let the league dictate circumstances to you

it's simple guys

#playitsafe #HopeForTheBest

• Pie 2

Person may have his reasons, but rarely does he have inside info.  He is the same Person (see what I did there?) who proclaimed that Moton was gone (knowing that we could franchise him) and actually gave his vision a 60% likelihood of being true.  Many of us (without insider info) called BS--we felt that Samuel could be gone, but no way in hell we lose Moton.

So this could be Person trying to finance a new batch of hair gel by getting clicks--but I do see this being a possibility. I think Brady and the offense:  Who did they want? Bridgewater.  Who were they ready to see leave?  Cam.  This is about style of play within the system, not the people or past accolades.   Bridgewater sucked, and that fell through.  So who best fits the Brady system?  I think that there are question marks and a season of development for Lance and Fields, and I think Jones lacks the athleticism to run the options etc. and he is probably at his ceiling. 

So yeah, I see it.  Now, what veteran might fit this system--a casualty of the draft?  Minshew does come to mind, to some degree, and so does Darnold. 

Darnold is the most intriguing because his problems are mechanics that are fixable.  He rarely has his feet in position.  When the game slows down and with good QB coaching--and maybe some time on the bench, he could be good.  Do we have that kind of time?  I am not talking first option here, but a season behind Bridgewater might do wonders for him.

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Different regime same as the old. Always reactionary instead of being proactive. If we pass on Fields or Lance I’m done. 

They think it's easy. KC took 50yrs to get back to the Superbowl. What? Those guys weren't smart? Those guys didn't work hard, didn't want it?

There is a reason there are prototypes. Cam was one. Lawrence is one. Lance is one and so is Trask (ppl don't agree, it's ok). Outliers only beat the odds only sometimes.

As a day one Panther fan myself, I'm very disappointed and disheartened and soon to be apathetic. Outside the box is sometimes just as it describes "outside" the playoffs, championships.

31 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I love the smoke screens that happen during the draft season!

If Lane is there at 8, I'm pretty sure we're sprinting up there to take him.

If we don't, there are some other incredible talents at OT and CB which would greatly improve our franchise.

I'm good either way.  Unless they draft a RB or something...

Not so sure.

The more I read, the more I think we'll wind up trading for a veteran like Darnold or Minshew.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not so sure.

The more I read, the more I think we'll wind up trading for a veteran like Darnold or Minshew.

I'm not sure either one of those would cost a 1st rounder though.

I mean, at the end of the day, we have lots of options.  If we want a QB, I think someone will be there. If we got for a vet and build the OL or D, we'll have options as well.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

What Rhule was doing in college doesn't work in the NFL. You have to get the BIGGEST, the STRONGEST, the FASTEST. To compete in this league. That's the prototype.

Others have tried and failed at that in the NFL. 

Do you have any idea who won the Super Bowl last year? 🙄

53 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Likewise, you don't pass on talented players if the QB that everyone thinks you desperately need to draft has too many question marks raised by your scouts for you to be comfortable with him.

I'm all for taking late round fliers on Lance, Newman, Mond, Mills etc - all guys with technical flaws that you MAY be able to coach out of them if your QB Coach is good enough (and has the time).

I'm not ok with taking guys at #8 (or hell, trading UP for guys) that aren't bonafide generational QB prospects. 

I guess you would have had a problem taking Herbert last year if he was available at our pick. 

In your little world we will find a 4th round gem at QB that everybody else overlooked.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Prototype 6'4"QB, not 6'1",not 5'11".

A couple of people on Twitter recently looked at the last 20 or so Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

Pretty much none of them fit the profile you're saying is needed to win. What they all were was accurate passers.

Basically, you're completely wrong.

• Beer 1