• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Niners didn't trade to #2

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

our 4th is a high one this year, so it seems fair.  Our high 3rd seems too much.

If we have our QB, then that's a draft pick slot filled that we otherwise would have used. Plus, we could either move back in the first or second round to recoup the Darnold pick.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

About that...

Yeah Darnold is in a tough position for getting moved. I could get behind him if we think we are totally out of the QB drafting market. But I dont think there is a huge improvement from him and Teddy

Honestly I think year 2 Teddy would be better than year 1 Darnold + a pick. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Ryan Tannehill kind of changed the landscape for QBs drafted high that don't pan out initially. It seems more teams are open to reclamation projects at the QB position and acknowledge crappy teams make even decent prospects look crappy.

How many QBs careers have the Jets ruined?  At some point you have to look at the organization instead of the players.  I don't think Darnold is all that and a bag of chips, but he's not horrible either.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

How many QBs careers have the Jets ruined?  At some point you have to look at the organization instead of the players.  I don't think Darnold is all that and a bag of chips, but he's not horrible either.

Back in October there was a Twitter army trying to convince Trevor to stay a year and avoid NY.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Back in October there was a Twitter army trying to convince Trevor to stay a year and avoid NY.

Lucky for him Jax tanked harder than the Jets, although I don't think the Jets were tanking.  Sadly they only won one more game than the Jags actually trying.  Not that going to Jacksonville is much better, BTW.

54 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Just for sheets and giggles...would Minshew's be about the same? Honestly, I might like him more, and he'd be $9M cheaper this year.

Which may be the reason they hold onto him for Trevor's rookie season.

This would have to be a good offer--like a third and a conditional 2022 pick. (speculating, but when I do that, I am never wrong)

• Pie 2