• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Come to Grips with Reality

Troys99x4

15 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

Yes please tell me, a black person about race problems, I clearly dont have any personal experience. The fact that you dont see how insulting that statement is, is very telling. Talking about marching with dr. King and then using a term like "race card"? Press the reset button bruh.

The fact that you see everything as black or white and not in terms of who you are and what you have done is very telling to me. That is what the race card is about. Seeing everything in terms of race and judging someone based on the color of their skin and not who they are incide or how they act. You perpetuate the problem as much as the folks you complain about. As if black people don't have stereotypical views of white people the same as they may have of  black people. How do you think your statements help guide or inform  the conversation. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 4/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, unicar15 said:

I’m really starting to think it could be trade back...and end up with Darrisaw and Mond + 1st next year. 

Isnt the knock on Darrisaw is that he gets lazy?  Yeah, no we already have Greg Little.  Get Sewell or Slater, both are animals and be done with the tackle position for a decade.

• Beer 1

On 4/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, unicar15 said:

I’m really starting to think it could be trade back...and end up with Darrisaw and Mond + 1st next year. 

If the right QB isn't there at #8 then that would be the right move IMO. Trade down a bit to pick up draft assets next year, then draft a Mond or Mills later. If he doesn't work out (honestly likely) it's no big deal and you swing again next year.

12 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Isnt the knock on Darrisaw is that he gets lazy?  Yeah, no we already have Greg Little.  Get Sewell or Slater, both are animals and be done with the tackle position for a decade.

Yeah I mean it wouldn’t have to be Darrisaw. But if we traded back with a team like WAS and it puts us in the late-teens range the deal could net:

19th overall + 2022 1st round pick. 

Players that are mocked in the late teens right now:

Micah Parsons (which is insane to me given his production and numbers). Put him with Perryman, Shaq and Keuchly as a mentor...sheesh. 

Jaycee Horn

Christian Darrisaw

Still leaves you enough ammunition to go after Darnold and STILL bring in a 2nd round pick like Mond. 

The only wrong move right now imo is to trade up. Just don’t trade up. So many other good options. 

On 3/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, Trainwreck said:

Mac Jones is going at 3. You can believe it or not but it will happen. I saw someone said that Mac is similar to Matt Ryan. Kyle Shanahan is trying to get his 16’-17’ Matt Ryan. 

This is a gag, isnt it? This man trying to set a record for poo emojis. 

• Poo 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:35 PM, @bonafidebanter said:

Nah, it is true. Allen and Herbert were knocked for accuracy issues. Herbert was dinged for poor mechanics as well. Not decision making or defense reads. 

https://theeagle.com/townnews/sport/can-johnny-manziel-read-a-defense/article_959d3d8b-6213-5df2-ad42-8d76c35c4876.html

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/tiki-and-tierney-sam-darnold-cannot-read-defenses/

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/mitch-trubisky-openly-admits-he-still-cant-read-defenses/

Yeah, its not only a racial thing until someone makes it one.

• Pie 2

On 4/1/2021 at 3:49 PM, stbugs said:

Um, which Shanahan are you talking about because Kyle never worked with Elway or Young? Outside of RG3 for a couple years (probably gave him a bad taste for running QBs/injuries), Kyle has coached mainly Jones type QBs like Schaub, Ryan, Garapolo, Griese and even Chris Simms. All of those except Simms played for Kyle multiple years.

I was referring to the fact that he coached with his father--and learned a lot from his father.  I was not clear and my memory was foggy--did not check it.  Knew they coached together--in a super bowl--the SF/KC super bowl--and with the WFT before that.

Edited by MHS831

On 4/1/2021 at 3:51 PM, CRA said:

That's Mike's type.  

Kyle's type seems to be in the Kirk Cousins type.  Tried to get Cousins to SF via trade.  Jimmy G is that type guy and did get him. .  Mac Jones is that type guy.   Prior to SF he had success with Matt Ryan. 

Yeah--I got twisted.

30 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No worries. It was interesting because when you look at Kyle’s history, you’d say Mac Jones is actually his type of guy and the one guy more like an athlete/running QB (RG3) was a bad experience. He seems to gravitate to less mobile QBs. It gave me a bit more hope, especially since Simms knows his style, that Mac Jones may not be just a rumor. Jones then had to have his second pro day, so that made me less confident again.

I see the fit in SF--he seems to have the tools there for a QB like Mac.  

On 4/4/2021 at 7:21 AM, MHS831 said:

And with all of that, Sam Darnold still went 3rd overall and Mitchell Trubisky went 2nd. Not the same energy that Justin Fields is getting. Oh, by the way Sam Darnold, boaderline bust, Mitchell Trubisky, bust and poor Johnny was a joke from the start. Point is, these sites were actually right about them, but we all knew all of them were over rated. When they wrongfully put those labels on other QBs and get proven wrong, nothing stops them doing it over and over and over and over and over......It's getting old. Really.