• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth: OL or TE?

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Granted, we haven't been great at tight end, but we did just sign a decent one.

Great analogy. Having a great OL will do wonders for the offensive weapons we have. Just ask the Saints and the Cowboys (before injuries and age set in). On the other hand, Fitterer has seen what happened with a below average OL in Seattle so it wouldn’t be a shock if OT is the pick @ 8.

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Sewell/Slater and then Mond in round 2. 

I can live with that. Especially if Mond Sucks we can give him the Jimmy Clausen treatment in 2022.

I'm here if we don't go QB R1. 

A scenario of high unlikeliness but I'd love:

Trade down but still in the top 15 to land an extra 2nd.  Use pick 40+something else to get back into the first:

1-high teens: Alijah Vera-Tucker OT

1-late: Jalen Mayfield OT

2: Rashod Bateman WR

That plugs the holes.  Release Teddy, try out a random trade/alternate option at the possibility of sucking something fierce at QB, netting a high 2022 pick. 

12 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Sewell/Slater and then Mond in round 2. 

I can live with that. Especially if Mond Sucks we can give him the Jimmy Clausen treatment in 2022.

I don't really want to use a second round pick on Mond or any other guy whose ceiling is to be a backup.

We could put that pick to a lot better use, like a lineman or a corner.

• Pie 2

If we trade back, I’d rather pick up a 1st next year to give us ammo to go get a QB (Howell). I can see that scenario if the QBs and OL are gone. 

What if Chase is available at 8 but lineman are gone? Does that interest anyone? Although I don’t think there’s a chance in hell he makes it past Miami

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

You remember that time when all the good dline folks would be long gone when we picked? And the Jets took Richardson instead of Star? 

Is that like when we won a "meaningless game" against the Saints and as a result we lost the ability to pick a top flight pass rusher like Brian Burns at #16 because losing to secure #9 was the only way?

• Pie 1

I love sewell, and would be good with drafting him. The thing is Pitts is a once in 20 years guy, I hear the wr have been kicking the tackle problem done the road argument and that's right. But.. class is deep there. We also haven't really had a Redzone weapon..since I guess Benjamin? 

PItts has the longest reach ever recorded.. comes down to so you think sewell is a generation tackle and not Jack fisher one of those types.638916372.thumb.jpg.8f6281c2e9cc02fdb04274d612aa3465.jpg