• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How realistic a chance at Sewell?

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's what everybody expected, but there's lots of talk now it could go another way.

(no way I'd bypass Sewell if I were them, but I'm not them)

I mean if Sewell is still on the board when we pick. You take him. But I agree he may not even get out of the top 4 at all. 

Just now, Varking said:

If Sewell is on the board you pick him. If he’s not you pick your Fields or Lance depending if either are there. If they are all gone and you can’t trade back grab Pitts. 

Just to make sure I'm understanding you here, you would take Sewell over Fields and Lance?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Klein expands on his prior tweet...

Anyone else have Slater or Surtain over Sewell right now?

Not me, but Slater is getting a lot of whisper.  I see Pitts, Sewell, Chase, and maybe some dark horse pass rusher or CB possibly making the top 8.  If SF takes Jones, that plays well into our hands, but the phones will be ringing.

Im feel pretty blue about our prospects.. That Miami trade screwed us in a few ways. 

We know that by the Atlanta pick 3 QB's will be gone. To Atlanta is really in control of the draft now and given their restructure of Ryan I could see them trading down as someone tries to move up for a QB. So assuming that happens the top 4 QB's are gone. 

Next year Phil will have 3 1st round picks and be in a much better position to move us to get a QB that we will unless we lose out. 

Trading up to get a QB seems like a bad idea because we have a bad team at right now. (our O Line is terrible) so giving up that much capital for the 4th or 5th best guy seems like a bad move. 

I think we need to trade down, get more capital and just see how the team plays this year... 

8 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Im feel pretty blue about our prospects.. That Miami trade screwed us in a few ways. 

We know that by the Atlanta pick 3 QB's will be gone. To Atlanta is really in control of the draft now and given their restructure of Ryan I could see them trading down as someone tries to move up for a QB. So assuming that happens the top 4 QB's are gone. 

Next year Phil will have 3 1st round picks and be in a much better position to move us to get a QB that we will unless we lose out. 

Trading up to get a QB seems like a bad idea because we have a bad team at right now. (our O Line is terrible) so giving up that much capital for the 4th or 5th best guy seems like a bad move. 

I think we need to trade down, get more capital and just see how the team plays this year... 

Insert complaint about winning the Washington game here.

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just to make sure I'm understanding you here, you would take Sewell over Fields and Lance?

I would 100% take Sewell over Lance for sure. I’m leaning 50% that I’d take him over Fields. Id 100% take him over Pitts. 

The main guys I wanted for us going into the draft process was Fields, Pitts and Sewell with Sewell and Fields likely being gone before 8. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I would 100% take Sewell over Lance for sure. I’m leaning 50% that I’d take him over Fields. Id 100% take him over Pitts. 

The main guys I wanted for us going into the draft process was Fields, Pitts and Sewell with Sewell and Fields likely being gone before 8. 

Gotcha.

To be clear, I wasn't necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with that take. I just wanted to make sure I understood you properly.