• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pitts to ATL??

musicman

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jones to SF at #3 and Pitts to ATL at #4 would truly be some best case scenario stuff for us. The Bengals definitely aren't taking a QB and lots of talk that the Eagles ownership wants to roll with Hurts. That leaves Detroit and potential trade ups as the only hurdles. Hell, WE could be one of those potential trade ups.

Agreed, dream scenario as either Fields or Lance are there at #8 and I would personally trade something to move up 1 spot to 7 to secure Fields services.  We need Mac Jones to go at 3 which I still won’t believe till it happens.

BTW...if I was Atlanta and I am not QB I definitely move off that spot.  Might cost them Pitts but the return is too valuable.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Josh Klein agrees...

Do we really have that many NEEDS? Should we upgrade at certain positions, yeah but you can say that with most teams.

Burns, Fox (or Roy),Brown, Reddick for DL

Shaq, Perryman, Carter for LB 

Jackson, Pride, Melvin for CB (upgrade needed, I want Bouye)

Chinn and Burris at Safety with Franklin as depth (could use FS upgrade)

Teddy (position of NEED)

CMC for RB

Moore Moore and Anderson for WR

Arnold and Thomas for TE (maybe upgrade)

Erving (or Scott), Elf, Paradis, Miller, Moton (LT would be a NEED with some G upgrades hopefully) for the line

We still have money to sign a FA (hopefully DT or CB upgrade). If we trade next year’s first to jump up to 5 or 6 to guarantee Fields we would be looking pretty good on paper. Grab a LT in the 2nd and I’ll be very happy.

To me our NEEDS are QB and LT (CB could be argued)

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

So its Trey Lance or Mac Jones for the Panthers at 8? Also, a lot of buzz now that we may not go QB any truth to that? I know Matt Miller and Joe Person have both said this.

Mac Jones is going 3 bro lol

19 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Only problem is that the Eagles aren’t at 6. Would Miami decide to grab a QB if they fall that far? One would think not if they already traded out of 3. If we like a QB like Fields and he’s on the board at 5, we should start discussions. It shouldn’t cost that much anymore. Going from 12 to 3 is way more expensive than 8 to 5, 6 or 7.

Ah yeah, forgot that the Eagles had already traded back.

Miami? I don't see it but crazier things have happened.

Just now, stbugs said:

Yeah, weird but I almost feel like at 6 with the other picks in hand they could decide WTF if say Fields drops. I don’t see it, but I can see the line of thinking that with an extra 3rd and 2023 1st it’s not as big of a risk. At 3, they risk losing a ton of value on whichever QB doesn’t start. Also, Fields hadn’t had his pro day until after they moved back to 6.

It is still better for Philly to be gone and replaced by someone who appears to be OK with their current QB. Philly was OK with Hurts but they were probably more likely to take a chance on Fields at 6. They may have been thinking maybe that they had no chance so an extra first next year is good. Miami had a great chance at Fields or Wilson and said nope.

Yeah, I just can't see moving off #3 if you liked the QBs available and weren't sold on Tua. If they pulled off that trade and still get the QB they liked... well, damn. They just won the draft.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I just can't see moving off #3 if you liked the QBs available and weren't sold on Tua. If they pulled off that trade and still get the QB they liked... well, damn. They just won the draft.

Some analysts are talking as if they already have.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Do we really have that many NEEDS? Should we upgrade at certain positions, yeah but you can say that with most teams.

Burns, Fox (or Roy),Brown, Reddick for DL

Shaq, Perryman, Carter for LB 

Jackson, Pride, Melvin for CB (upgrade needed, I want Bouye)

Chinn and Burris at Safety with Franklin as depth (could use FS upgrade)

Teddy (position of NEED)

CMC for RB

Moore Moore and Anderson for WR

Arnold and Thomas for TE (maybe upgrade)

Erving (or Scott), Elf, Paradis, Miller, Moton (LT would be a NEED with some G upgrades hopefully) for the line

We still have money to sign a FA (hopefully DT or CB upgrade). If we trade next year’s first to jump up to 5 or 6 to guarantee Fields we would be looking pretty good on paper. Grab a LT in the 2nd and I’ll be very happy.

To me our NEEDS are QB and LT (CB could be argued)

I think people like to mix up need vs depth. Do we have needs? Yes oline and secondary but this roster isn't talent devoid like some think it is.

Edited by Panthercougar68

I'd take Slater at 8 and have a damn good O-line. CB in the 2nd or 3rd and this team will be a lot better all around, except QB but we'll get there one day. Who knows, maybe they hold tight and trade for Watson later on for only 2 1st round picks later in the summer or something (if that mess clears up). 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1