• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McShay has us trading picks moving from 8th to 7th with Detroit to pick Lance

panthers55

Just now, Mr. Herbert said:

Well when you asked the question you didnt mention Lance and Fields being on the board. (Most likely won't happen). Cant be moving the goal posts now. Broncos could easily trade with them for pretty cheap and snatch the last of the big 4.

It would cost a lot to move up to get the last qb. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Herbert said:

Well when you asked the question you didnt mention Lance and Fields being on the board. (Most likely won't happen). Cant be moving the goal posts now. Broncos could easily trade with them for pretty cheap and snatch the last of the big 4.

If he said that the first 3 picks were Trevor, Wilson and Jones and didn't mention another one and it is Detroit's pick at 7 the reasonable thing to think is that the rest are on the board and that includes Lance and Fields.  I guess what you call changing the goal posts, I would call reading comprehension and simple logic. My response was to the question of whether we would make the move if we thought someone else would jump ahead. I told him why I wouldn't make the trade at that point either. No one talked about something before that. Try to keep up.

Just now, panthers55 said:

If he said that the first 3 picks were Trevor, Wilson and Jones and didn't mention another one and it is Detroit's pick at 7 the reasonable thing to think is that the rest are on the board and that includes Lance and Fields.  I guess what you call changing the goal posts, I would call reading comprehension and simple logic. My response was to the question of whether we would make the move if we thought someone else would jump ahead. I told him why I wouldn't make the trade at that point either. No one talked about something before that. Try to keep up.

Hell of an assumption there Nostradamus!

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

So to beat out other leapfroggers (Den, WFT) to get Lance, we'd have to give up a lot, seeing as how Detroit has all the cards with multiple teams calling.

Hard pass.

The difference with us is that they'd be able to pick up an additional pick and still get the same player they would've gotten at #7. They'd be gaining something while giving up nothing. With other teams' offers they would get more trade compensation but they very well may be giving up the player they wanted at #7 too.

• Pie 5

Why would we take lance when fields has as good an arm, better intermediate route passer, just as good if not better athlete.

If Fields had that Alabama team this wouldn’t even be a conversation.

If the panthers land Justin at #8 I’m dancin

14 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

Why would we take lance when fields has as good an arm, better intermediate route passer, just as good if not better athlete.

If Fields had that Alabama team this wouldn’t even be a conversation.

If the panthers land Justin at #8 I’m dancin

It's very possible and honestly quite likely that we have one ranked significantly above the other as prospects. I'm torn on which way I'd go there, but I'm leaning hard toward Fields. Tough as a fan to make a call there though because so much of that evaluation comes from the interviews with the players and their coaches to determine how well they're going to translate to the NFL.

• Pie 1

I don't understand the logic in saying Lance will be there at #7.

1. Jax- Trevor Lawrence 

2. NYJ- Zach Wilson

3. SF- Justin Fields or Trey Lance

4. (Trade)- Justin Fields or Trey Lance

I hate to say it but this is definitely what's going to happen. Mac isn't going #3, dude is getting a lot of fake hype. That leaves teams like Carolina, Denver Washington and New England vying for #4 or settling on Mac.

• Pie 1