• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Wilson is boom or bust and should not be started year one

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The top three all-time college passing TD record holders are Case Keenum, Kellen Moore, and Graham Harrell.

He's not the top three all-time college passing TD record holder. So your point is guys who a good/great in college can't start in the NFL?

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The guy was running for his life every play because KC ran out of healthy OL. If he hadn't been running for his life he would've been getting sacked.

Or he could have just gotten rid of the football quickly like Brady would have done in the same circumstances.  But I know...running around and looking for the homerun play every down was the ONLY option.

• Beer 1

Just now, Wes21 said:

Or he could have just gotten rid of the football quickly like Brady would have done in the same circumstances.  But I know...running around and looking for the homerun play every down was the ONLY option.

Yep, throwing the ball away on virtually every down would've definitely been a better option. Brady would've left the field on a meat wagon if he was playing for KC.

Yep, absolutely.

For the record, I've been driving the Zach Wilson bandwagon since back in October. I'm just not blind to the reality that there are question marks.

My bad, I wasn’t insinuating you were or anything, I’ve just read that on here about Wilson a lot, didn’t know if it was being said about Lance as well. I like both QBs, Wilson will be gone by then, so if it’s fields or lance, I won’t be upset about it. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

You could make a case that lance played better competition, many still havnt got over his CC game. My issues with Wilson are his size and 2 know elbow/shoulder issues. 

BYU played a super weak schedule this year (they had better overall talent than every opponent along with a good OL and scheme). 

Coming into the season Wilson wasn’t even guaranteed to be the starter.   Better opposing talent exposes a lot of his flaws.   He pays more for throws that really aren’t there and his bailing from the pocket. 

to me he is more of inbetween the 2019 and 2020 player.   Which isn’t what is being sold. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

BYU played a super weak schedule this year (they had better talent than the every opponent along with a good OL and scheme). 

Coming into the season Wilson wasn’t even guaranteed to be the starter.   Better opposing talent exposes a lot of his flaws.   He pays more for throws that really aren’t there and his bailing from the pocket. 

to me he is more of inbetween the 2019 and 2020 player.   Which isn’t what is being sold. 

Ill add- every single top 5 QB, when they took the field, only 2 games had less talent than the opponent. One was the OSU vs Clemson, the other escapes me currently( think the other was bama vs OSU). So none of those QBs had to over-come a talent deficiency, each where never tested except in 2 games. 

I was not a wilson fan, so I went back and my jaw got hurt doing the "wOw" face. Hes got some the best arm talent Ive seen. I think the surgeries made him better. He is this years Burrow, about coming out of no where. Youre right about that. 

Yep, throwing the ball away on virtually every down would've definitely been a better option. Brady would've left the field on a meat wagon if he was playing for KC.

Patrick Mahomes once got a math problem wrong.  Math changed to fit his answer, because Mahomes can't possibly be wrong.

4 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:
ZACH WILSONQB, COLLEGE PLAYER
zach_wilson.jpg

The Athletic's Ted Nguyen said there's "more of a boom-or-bust factor" with BYU's Zach Wilson than he had expected before analyzing the prospect's game tape. 

Nguyen credited Wison for making reads quickly and delivering throws not many pro quarterbacks could make, but pointed out Wilson's poor footwork and overaggressive approach. Wilson's inconsistent footwork led to many off-target throws in his final season at BYU, even against weak competition. Nguyen said in the NFL, Wilson might not have the clean pocket he had through much of his 2020 season behind one of the nation's top offensive lines. He called Wilson a "project" and said the "team that drafts him will have to be patient and comfortable in its ability to develop him." A willingness to sit Wilson during his rookie campaign, Nguyen said, could aid his development as a passer. Whoever ends up taking a chance on Wilson likely won't be in position to give the QB a red-shirt season. NBC Sports Edge's Hayden Winks has Wilson going to the Jets with the second pick in the upcoming draft. 

How about this:

Trade for Darnold. Put TB in the package to help bring Wilson along. Just make it a straight up trade. TB for Darnold. The end. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You know a debate isn't going well when you revert to stuff like this.

The debate has already gone in a direction that doesn't fit your narrative when you have taken a position that a QB has to run around for X seconds or throw the ball away and there is no solution inbetween.

On the 7th day God rested, because he created Patrick Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

The debate has already gone in a direction that doesn't fit your narrative when you have taken a position that a QB has to run around for X seconds or throw the ball away and there is no solution inbetween.

On the 7th day God rested, because he created Patrick Mahomes.

Yeah, Mahomes is totally just a guy who has proven nothing at the NFL level and KC definitely hadn't had any injuries along the OL. I mean, it was very weird, right?