• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-offense draft incoming? Panthers Wire mock!

top dawg

7 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Christ almighty. You defense nuts are crazy! We spent a whole draft  on defense last year and you want to double down on it this year again? Good luck having a 1985 bears Defense with no oline to  get all your QBs killed. 

Yeah, It would seem to me that you have to give the youngsters that we drafted last year more than a season to develop. If not, then what the hell are we doing here?

Mind you, I'm not saying don't draft defense, but what I am saying is that if you have a middling CB or DT and a receiver like Shi Smith on the board, you just can't disregard him. You have to think about what you're doing and why you're doing it 

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

A "young" CB is fine, as long as he's the BPA. We have youth on our DL, and we need a lot of things. 

This isn't the only reason it's a terrible draft. Walker Little is dropping down boards and there's a good reason for it...he's got bust written all over him. RB in the 5th? NO. TWO WRs? NO. We need OL, LB, CB, DL all WAY more than RB or WR. Just a really bad draft. Who cares if you have the best WR core in the game if you have no OL? Or can't cover anyone?

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, It would seem to me that you have to give the youngsters that we drafted last year more than a season to develop. If not, then what the hell are we doing here?

Mind you, I'm not saying don't draft defense, but what I am saying is that if you have a middling CB or DT and a receiver like Shi Smith on the board, you just can't disregard him. You have to think about what you're doing and why you're doing it 

The youngsters need help.

It's why I'm just interested in getting the best player available.

A starting CB, a starting FS, a starting DT, an upgrade at LB, an upgrade at DE - they're all on the table for me.

Burns, Chinn, Brown, YGM and Jackson is a solid core, but 6 other players have to take the field every down.

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't put a whole lot of energy into mocks, but I do look at them occasionally during all the waiting before the actual draft! Tim Weaver and Panthers Wire's mock is as interesting as any other I guess, but I'm thinking that they could be on to something with this draft being all offense.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/gallery/panthers-2021-nfl-mock-draft-all-offense-trey-lance/

The tea leaves will be what we do with the rest of free agency. If we can somehow sign, for example, Breshaud Breeland, Steven Nelson, Malik Hooker, DaQuan Jones or maybe even re-sign Short, I could see the tea leaves falling in favor of an all-offense draft. I just think that the thought is interesting considering what actually transpired last draft, even if I question some of their picks (not that I know a lot about them...other than Lance of course, and Shi Smith). What do you know about these guys? What do you think about an all-offense draft? What would you say about Lance AND Ehlinger?

Trey Lance, QB  NDSU 

Walker Little, OT  Stanford 

Kendrick Green, OG  Illinois 

Josh Palmer, WR  Tennessee 

Khalil Herbert, RB  Va Tech 

Shi Smith, WR  South Carolina 

John Bates, TE  Boise St 

Sam Ehlinger, QB  Texas

I would be cool with this draft. 
I would swap Little for Dillon Radunz, Quinn Meinerz for Green, Keith Taylor for Palmer, Marvin Wilson for Herbert and Ben Mason for Ehlinger. That would be perfect in my book. 

24 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The youngsters need help.

It's why I'm just interested in getting the best player available.

A starting CB, a starting FS, a starting DT, an upgrade at LB, an upgrade at DE - they're all on the table for me.

Burns, Chinn, Brown, YGM and Jackson is a solid core, but 6 other players have to take the field every down.

So are you saying that Haasan Reddick, Morgan Fox, Denzel Perryman and even Frankie Luvu aren't help? Not to mention that we're probably not done trying to upgrade. Not to mention that it's a little too early to be giving up on Troy Pride. Stanley Thomas-Oliver and especially Bravvion Roy are looking to be above average. Our defense is coming along, and the proof will be in the pudding. It could stand more help, but our offense needs help too--major help at certain positions.

BPA within reason but our depth in the offense is awful so screaming for defense after watching our offense being outscored by teams drafting before us doesn't jive. We have many jags along the offensive line who could quickly become starters if things go south. We have one elite highly paid running back and nothing but another big question mark behind him on the depth chart yet again...deja vu. We signed a new tight end but who is behind him other than stone hands Ian Thompson? We also lost Samuel. This offense needs more redzone weapons.

3 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Christ almighty. You defense nuts are crazy! We spent a whole draft  on defense last year and you want to double down on it this year again? Good luck having a 1985 bears Defense with no oline to  get all your QBs killed. 

I Dont Understand Michael Keaton GIF

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

I would be cool with this draft. 
I would swap Little for Dillon Radunz, Quinn Meinerz for Green, Keith Taylor for Palmer, Marvin Wilson for Herbert and Ben Mason for Ehlinger. That would be perfect in my book. 

I can do without the RBs altogether, Palmer too, but Radunz and Meinherz seem like quality much-needed  lineman. Wilson is interesting. I'm not saying I'd swap Little, but I'd consider it. I'd definitely swap  Greg Little!😆

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

I can do without the RBs altogether, Palmer too, but Radunz and Meinherz seem like quality much-needed  lineman. Wilson is interesting. I'm not saying I'd swap Little, but I'd consider it. I'd definitely swap  Greg Little!😆

I can understand why you’d be fine with us drafting a running back. I’d prefer Ian Book over Sam Ehlingerif we’re taking a late flier on a quarterback.  

Just now, Newbie said:

I can understand why you’d be fine with us drafting a running back. I’d prefer Ian Book over Sam Ehlingerif we’re taking a late flier on a quarterback.  

Fine with us not drafting a running back.