• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So then, what are we netting for Teddy and where’s he headed to?

davos

I’m going to go with a 3rd & 6th to maybe DEN, NYJ or SF (the latter after Garrapolo goes elsewhere & to backup their new rookie. That makes the $ stomach-able for them)

Predictions in here.

Edited by davos
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

I don’t think he goes anywhere this year. I think we pit him and Darnold head to head in camp. 

I think there’s zero chance he stays on this team. Last resort is J1 cut and we eat the dead cap this year, save~8 mil and then come 2022 it ain’t no thang but a chicken wing.

Edited by davos
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

I don’t think he goes anywhere this year. I think we pit him and Darnold head to head in camp. 

That really depends on the Panthers CAP situation post draft.

If there's someone they want, then Teddy could be cut after June 1st. If not they might hold onto him through camp to look at offers.

The writing is probably on the wall though before the start of the season.

• Pie 1

Just now, Madwolf said:

That really depends on the Panthers CAP situation post draft.

If there's someone they want, then Teddy could be cut after June 1st. If not they might hold onto him through camp to look at offers.

The writing is probably on the wall though before the start of the season.

Yeah it’s 15 mil dead cap instead of 20 so it net saves us more cap in 2021. It had almost no impact next year and then he’s off the books. It’s not some ridiculous contract some make it out to be.

7 minutes ago, davos said:

Yeah it’s 15 mil dead cap instead of 20 so it net saves us more cap in 2021. It had almost no impact next year and then he’s off the books. It’s not some ridiculous contract some make it out to be.

Sure. 34M for one subpar season isn’t bad at all. I’m sure that wouldn’t have helped in Free Agency at all. What would you consider “ridiculous”?

13 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Yeah I think he is staying and competing in camp unless we get blown away by an offer (ie a second rounder).  

The Panthers would have to GIVE up a pick just to get a team to pay his salary. No team is paying him 18M to be a backup. At least not ANOTHER team.