Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Ian Rappoport: Multiple teams interested in trading for Teddy Bridgewater


Recommended Posts

Ill add two things - Qbs Marcus Mariota played backup with a 10 million salary last year and took a huge cut this year(3.5 I think)

Case Keenum was traded and had a contract close to Teddys', he also had to take a cut.

 

Hope is alive huddlers!!

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigTeddyFan said:

I think Teddy will beat out Sam for the starting job. Teddy was better than Sam with the Jets, but Sam was the “shiny new toy” and deemed to be “ready enough”.

Teddy won’t be Panther much longer!

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Ill add two things - Qbs Marcus Mariota played backup with a 10 million salary last year and took a huge cut this year(3.5 I think)

Case Keenum was traded and had a contract close to Teddys', he also had to take a cut.

 

Hope is alive huddlers!!

That’s because none of his salary this year was guaranteed. Still sort of surprised he agreed anyhow. Carr is definitely their plan for now after last year. Surely he had to think he could have gotten 3.5M. 
 

   But teams don’t want to pay backup QBs, especially in a cash strapped year. I wish the Steelers would have scraped together 4M. I’d much rather have Teddy, Trubisky, Mariota...etc....over Mason Rudolph. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Teddy would have to rework his deal and Panthers would have to pay majority of the $10 million guaranteed to him this year. 

Why would Teddy ever agree to "rework his deal"...??

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

That’s because none of his salary this year was guaranteed. Still sort of surprised he agreed anyhow. Carr is definitely their plan for now after last year. Surely he had to think he could have gotten 3.5M. 
 

   But teams don’t want to pay backup QBs, especially in a cash strapped year. I wish the Steelers would have scraped together 4M. I’d much rather have Teddy, Trubisky, Mariota...etc....over Mason Rudolph. 

Marcus is nothing this year, but Case had 7 mill in guaranteed. Marcus was mainly pointing out backup salary are 10 million and thats Teddys guarantee. Its possible with panthers paying a large part. They waited marcus out, til the money dried up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Why would Teddy ever agree to "rework his deal"...??

Get out of Charlotte, away form Rhule, and the other meanies..... I wouldnt take ANY thing less than the guarantee... He may want a shot at starting too, that is not happening here. It doesnt feel messy, but it could easy get there in a nano second. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Marcus is nothing this year, but Case had 7 mill in guaranteed. Marcus was mainly pointing out backup salary are 10 million and thats Teddys guarantee. Its possible with panthers paying a large part. They waited marcus out, til the money dried up. 

 Keenim was close. Didn’t disagree. And if they are paying it down, of course it changes everything. They should get a pick if they spend 10M.  Before, with that 10M attached, it was 17M for this year. As it is, are teams going to want to pay even the 7M he would still have coming. Judging by what the others have accepted, it’s not that far fetched. 
 

   Counterpoint is why would a team give Andy Dalton 10M? Kind of destroyes my point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...