• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

45 minutes ago, trueblade said:

5 of the last 10 Super Bowl winning QBs were first round picks.

The non first rounders were: Brady x 3, Russ and Foles. 

First rounders were Rodgers, Flacco, Eli, Peyton, and Mahomes. 

Yeah some serious cherry picking lol. Brady won like half since 2010 and then you have older 1st rounders winning. Also Darnold was a first round pick! So I guess he doesn’t have a good chance of winning one...

1 minute ago, Verge said:

So I try not to parrot this poo, which is why I don't want to put it out on twitter. I have heard character concerns and processing time. When I put on the tape I think the processing time is just fine, balls can be a little late, but every QB has poo they need to work on. I don't have a real idea on what the character concerns are, I know it stems from Georgia and his teammates. 

I've said before that I think college systems these days make it much harder to evaluate quarterbacks than it used to be.

Same with receivers, honestly. Seems like hardly anybody uses a full route tree anymore.

1 minute ago, Verge said:

So I try not to parrot this poo, which is why I don't want to put it out on twitter. I have heard character concerns and processing time. When I put on the tape I think the processing time is just fine, balls can be a little late, but every QB has poo they need to work on. I don't have a real idea on what the character concerns are, I know it stems from Georgia and his teammates. 

I am like you and not really getting into about his back story with georgia but that stuff is out there.  Using racism to transfer and play immediately when you get beaten out is not a good look.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Other positions aren't like quarterback.

We're a rebuilding team. Yes, they've signed free agents, but that doesn't mean we don't still have needs.

And again, you've already got what basically amounts to a rookie quarterback. Taking another one would be silly.

Except he's not basically a rookie. He's a guy who has played three [terrible] seasons in the NFL as a starting QB. He's probably started more games at QB in the NFL than any of the incoming rookies we're talking about have started games at QB in college.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why what?  Why he is getting hyped?  He has a shoulder cannon, he is a physical marvel and very athletic and has produced on the big boy stage.  I get the hype for sure

She said overhyped which means he’s not as good as the “hype” or whatever. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Except he's not basically a rookie. He's a guy who has played three [terrible] seasons in the NFL.

The seasons that Matt Rhule referred to as his "junior and senior years" which tells me that while he may not be a rookie, that's how the team sees him (and frankly how I think they should).

The good part is that he doesn't have to adjust to the speed of the NFL game like an actual rookie might.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Does that really matter if the other guy you are deciding on goes 2 picks later?  Thats not really BPA strategy.  Thats not a reach.  Picking Daniel jones at this spot was a reach

I'm saying it's not cut and dry BPA or Need Based.  It's a dance because these teams have their boards with specific players and it's all mapped out in their blocks.

If one player remains in their top block when the pick comes, they'll likely go with that player and not pick a need based from the block below.