• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person on Panthers plans for #8 pick

TheSpecialJuan

I keep going back to the hope that Rhule’s time at the Senior Bowl will be advantageous in day 2 & 3 of this draft. Trading back may be the best way to capitalize on the extra time we were able to spend with the prospects in Mobile.  

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/type/team/name/car

We scored an average of 21.9 points per game last season. Our Opponents averaged 25.1 per game. That's almost exactly a 3 point per game difference. In six of those losses we gave up over 30 points. We gave between 25, 27, and 28 points in 3 of the other losses. Yet, we only lost 3 games by more than a score.

We were competitive in all of our defeats last season except the 2nd losses to Tampa and New Orleans. We were able to do so despite having a mediocre pass rush and a secondary that only picked off 7 passes the entire season. Only one CB on our roster had an INT last season (Donte had 3). The pass rush already looks to be significantly better. But, an improved pass rush can only do so much without help on the back end.

With all of our offensive woes on the O-line since Jordan Gross retired, I would prefer to get a franchise LT at #8. But, if we got a CB there, or chose a CB with our 1st pick after moving down a little in the draft, I wouldn't be appalled. If the guy turned out to be as good as Chris Gamble, Josh Norman, or James Bradberry then he'd fill a major hole on the team and make us better immediately.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Can’t believe we went from Cam fuging Newton to being content with Sam Darnold. What a dive this franchise is in. 

Pie because all opinions should be valued.

Im not a fan of the front office, I was until they mishandled Greg then Cam, but seeing what Fitterer can do before I totally give up hope.

Edited by rippadonn