• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who are the Panther's 5 potential Trade partners?

Panthers Rhule

In the pre-draft presser, we said we have spoken with 5 teams about a potential trade down. Since then, I have been trying to consider who those 5 teams would be. Remember, in the same conversation we also said that we had 16 players as 1st round picks and we do not know who those players are. My guess would be at least 3 and as many as 6 are NOT commonly ranked as the 16 best players in the draft based on our staffs own personal preferences. Based on rumors, even if they make no sense to me personally, and then what I think some teams may be willing to do I have come up with these 5 teams:

Broncos (to stop us from from allowing another team to jump ahead of them for their QB)

Chargers (to secure a non QB they really like. Maybe Slater or a WR)

Patriots (to jump ahead of Denver for a QB they like. Yes they don't usually do this but they don't usually sign big FAs and they did and they used to have Mr. Brady)

Cardinals (to secure a non QB they really like. Specifically a WR)

Bears (For a QB. The coach and GM's butts have to be hot. Underachieving team might reach to save jobs)

Possible: WFT (I don't put them here as I think they may be too conservative now to move so high unless their owner hadn't learned his lesson yet)

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

In the pre-draft presser, we said we have spoken with 5 teams about a potential trade down. Since then, I have been trying to consider who those 5 teams would be. Remember, in the same conversation we also said that we had 16 players as 1st round picks and we do not know who those players are. My guess would be at least 3 and as many as 6 are NOT commonly ranked as the 16 best players in the draft based on our staffs own personal preferences. Based on rumors, even if they make no sense to me personally, and then what I think some teams may be willing to do I have come up with these 5 teams:

Broncos (to stop us from from allowing another team to jump ahead of them for their QB)

Chargers (to secure a non QB they really like. Maybe Slater or a WR)

Patriots (to jump ahead of Denver for a QB they like. Yes they don't usually do this but they don't usually sign big FAs and they did and they used to have Mr. Brady)

Cardinals (to secure a non QB they really like. Specifically a WR)

Bears (For a QB. The coach and GM's butts have to be hot. Underachieving team might reach to save jobs)

Possible: WFT (I don't put them here as I think they may be too conservative now to move so high unless their owner hadn't learned his lesson yet)

Never trade with multiple partners...

What?

1 hour ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Not saying they undoubtedly would, but I could see them trading up for Lance...so many reports of them liking him a lot...they have Fitzmagic for a year...could sit and learn for a year...plus they have Marty who has no problems moving up....definitely wouldn’t shock me if they swapped 1sts with Lions and gave them their ‘22 1st as well

I will say, the potential partners in WAS, NE and CHI could be bad this season and they would need to package their 2022 1st rounder to move up to #8.

Could easily be a top-5 pick next year.  Could have 2 top-16 first rounders.  Great ammo to land the top QB.  It's an appealing strategy but I'd hope they have a specific player or two they're targeting in a trade down.  Jenkins, Darrisaw, Horn, etc.

I feel like Denver, even though they're just a spot back, would be the most likely. I don't feel the front office will trade back too far, and risk missing on a prospect they covet in an offseason this important. It's Fitt's first off-season, and Rhule's second, and both know they need to hit on this pick.