• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Draft Week Rumors

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Unless they don't view him as a tight end. He could also be seen as a big receiver. He's almost exactly the same size as Megatron. The fact that there are Julio trade rumors might give this even more merit. Remove the TE from in front of his name and add the letters WR. Does it still sound silly?

If they trade Julio and want a WR, I imagine a trade down would make the most sense. 

3 hours ago, Verge said:

If the Falcons stay at 4 and take a TE with the kind of offers they have received, I think they are genuinely silly. 

They still may take a QB.

now speaking of offers.  I want your opinion on this.

Miami is sitting at 6 and will have Pitts, Chase, Waddle there.    The 2 teams behind them (NFC teams) are trying to trade down.  
Miami’s division rival (Patriots) are trying to move up for that QB (Fields).  Even if Pitts is there, do they consider Hard to trade down to another QB hungry team and block the Patriots from moving up for him?

41 minutes ago, Verge said:

If they trade Julio and want a WR, I imagine a trade down would make the most sense. 

Ive heard Slim reaper heating up, like top 7 heat, You believe that? I heard two weeks ago Toney would go in the top 16 and before Smith.....now Smith got a a top 7 rocket? Seems teams are not caring about the weight "its a different game, rules favor WR, hes never lost jump ball, doesnt get pressed, etc" Im old school about weight, 200 limit unless STs or Smitty/winfield/jackson clone. they are super rare, now it doesnt matter? 

7 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Thinking about how if we pass on Fields and he ends up being a franchise changer, and Darnold doesn’t massively improve here that will be an awful look for this regime in terms of QB analysis 

My confidence in them in this regard would go from low to non-existent. 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Ive heard Slim reaper heating up, like top 7 heat, You believe that? I heard two weeks ago Toney would go in the top 16 and before Smith.....now Smith got a a top 7 rocket? Seems teams are not caring about the weight "its a different game, rules favor WR, hes never lost jump ball, doesnt get pressed, etc" Im old school about weight, 200 limit unless STs or Smitty/winfield/jackson clone. they are super rare, now it doesnt matter? 

I wouldn't doubt it. He is a legit beast. The weight is the only concern.

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Honestly, this line of reasoning would make sense IMO. Back in the days when head hunting safeties were roaming I'd be a lot more worried about his lack of weight. These days though, I'd the pads pop the flags fly. It doesn't really even have to be a hit that's illegal under the significantly revised rules. Pretty much any big hit that would've been featured on ESPN's jacked up segment back in the day draws a flag today. They're definitely trying to take hitting out of the game in the secondary. Fug you if you're a RB though. LOL!

1 minute ago, Verge said:

I wouldn't doubt it. He is a legit beast. The weight is the only concern.

Just to add reports are he showed up at bama at 160. 4 years later, bama.....the best in college world at strength/bigger/faster.....he only added 6 LBs????? Id tell teams I had 3 tapeworms... He could have drank gallon of water before the scale too, so that 6 LBs is ???

I think chase will be that panthers pick at this minute, btw.