• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Draft Week Rumors

Mr. Scot

56 minutes ago, joemac said:

People have extremely fast metabolisms when they are young…especially when you’re a high level athlete. I’m 6’4” and going into college I weighed 160 ( I played baseball at a local D1 school). A few years later I was only about 170 but I was strong as an ox and I was ripped up. Everybody is different…

STUD!! 🤣

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Depends on who's there at 8, but IDK about comparing him to Bradberry. Horn has a 10.0 RAS score, which puts him at #1 out of over 1700 CBs. Bradberry was at a 9.17 and ran a 4.5 40 and 36.5 vertical. Horn ran a 4.35 40 and a 41.5 vertical. 

Horn is way more confident and explosive and an alpha, IMO. 

Metrics aren't everything, but I think Horn will be at another level 4 years from now. 

Bringing the facts---I like it!!!!

22 minutes ago, Verge said:

The tape is so dominant it's hard to drift away from him.

It really depends on how you use him---motion, slot, backfield---he is not a pulling guard, and the smaller guys are (you guys who played know this) they harder they are to give a solid shot.  He is more than Samuel and more versatile. 

Of course, I want Smith/Horn etc on a trade back, but is it not funny to see how we have gone full circle-going from memory--we liked QBs, obviously, Parson, Sewell/Slater, Pitts, Chase/Waddle/Smith, and now Horn/Surtain.  At least we are focused and know what we want.

5 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Thinking about how if we pass on Fields and he ends up being a franchise changer, and Darnold doesn’t massively improve here that will be an awful look for this regime in terms of QB analysis 

and how does trading away next year's 2nd for a QB and then drafting one in the 1st this year look for QB analysis?

What would you say if we drafted a QB at 8 this year and then after the draft we then traded our 2nd rounder next year for Darnold?

Panther's fans collective heads would implode, but drafting that player in the first AFTER making that trade is even worse in my opinion.  As in that scenario, all we'd have wasted is next year's 2nd rounder, but if we draft a QB in round 1, we've wasted a first rounder this year.

They made the trade, now it's time to see it through as the best chance for Darnold to succeed is to add a talented 1st round pick who will make an immediate impact as a day 1 starter.  Drafting a QB who either won't play (or play instead of Darnold) would just make the Darnold trade even worse as it hurts his chances to be successful.

If all the talk about us still being interested in a QB is anything other than a massive smokescreen to try and get a big offer to trade back, then I've already lost all confidence in the new GM, regardless if we draft a QB or not, if there is legit interest, that's beyond atrocious.

If Darnold sucks, then we'll have a decent draft pick and can always then send a stupid big offer to move up in the draft to get a QB if needed, and if that happens, hopefully we'll then still have someone like Sewell (please god let him fall) or Slater to protect them.  I like that scenario much better than taking a QB this year who still may not succeed but also then being out our second next year, not getting an LT this year, and having a QB competition that might hurt both instead of helping.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 3

Here's how I see this draft going.  I'm no expert but I will give a small reason on the non obvious choices.

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. Jones (Maybe Lance as he plays behind Jimmy G for a season)

4. Pitts (Between him and Chase) Pitts may be moved or used as a WR more than a TE but IMO he's a generational talent.

5. Chase (I say Chase because I recently read where the current LT was drafted in 2019 and he wasn't the problem for their line.  The article I read said he was the best one they had on the team. Plus Burrow would have a familiar face to throw to. 

6. Miami trades out with Denver and they Choose Fields

7. Detroit I think this is where the first Defensive player comes off the board Surtain or Parsons.  I've seen some mocks that have them taking Parsons

8. Carolina Sewell.  He has been compared to some of the best LTs to play the game.   We'll receive plenty of offers to move down but to add a player that can help with Darnold's comeback.  I don't see how we pass. If we do trade down I would hope it includes a first next year and we end up with Darrisaw.

BTW if we trade down I believe it will be with NE.  They'll take Lance and have him learn behind Cam.  Cam can help him learn the RPO.  They'll use Cam's talent to try and get Lance similar. 

The one thing about NE is Belichek is a shrewd negotiator and squeezing their 1st next year will be difficult. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

7 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

and how does trading away next year's 2nd for a QB and then drafting one in the 1st this year look for QB analysis?

What would you say if we drafted a QB at 8 this year and then after the draft we then traded our 2nd rounder next year for Darnold?

Panther's fans collective heads would implode, but drafting that player in the first AFTER making that trade is even worse in my opinion.  As in that scenario, all we'd have wasted is next year's 2nd rounder, but if we draft a QB in round 1, we've wasted a first rounder this year.

They made the trade, now it's time to see it through as the best chance for Darnold to succeed is to add a talented 1st round pick who will make an immediate impact as a day 1 starter.  Drafting a QB who either won't play (or play instead of Darnold) would just make the Darnold trade even worse as it hurts his chances to be successful.

If all the talk about us still being interested in a QB is anything other than a massive smokescreen to try and get a big offer to trade back, then I've already lost all confidence in the new GM, regardless if we draft a QB or not, if there is legit interest, that's beyond atrocious.

If Darnold sucks, then we'll have a decent draft pick and can always then send a stupid big offer to move up in the draft to get a QB if needed, and if that happens, hopefully we'll then still have someone like Sewell (please god let him fall) or Slater to protect them.  I like that scenario much better than taking a QB this year who still may not succeed but also then being out our second next year, not getting an LT this year, and having a QB competition that might hurt both instead of helping.

It means we made what we felt was the best move at the time. If we didn't think a QB would be available at #8 then we had to do something, but if a QB we do like at #8 is available we should still pick him. 

Expectations are that Zach Ertz will be traded at some point over the weekend

(11:30 AM ET) I’m told there are six to seven teams in the running, including the Indianapolis Colts. Many tell me it’s a situation where Howie Roseman will try and squeeze as much as possible from a team that wants Ertz considering the weakness of the tight end class. As we previously reported, the Eagles’ initial third-round asking price was too much for teams initially interested.

11 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

BTW if we trade down I believe it will be with NE.  They'll take Lance and have him learn behind Cam.  Cam can help him learn the RPO.  They'll use Cam's talent to try and get Lance similar. 

The one thing about NE is Belichek is a shrewd negotiator and squeezing their 1st next year will be difficult. 

Going down to #15 without their 1st next year being involved is a no thanks IMO.

On 4/27/2021 at 3:51 AM, FuFuLamePoo said:

Thinking about how if we pass on Fields and he ends up being a franchise changer, and Darnold doesn’t massively improve here that will be an awful look for this regime in terms of QB analysis 

you could instead think about how if our staff is able to coach up Darnold, he blossoms, and we don't have to gaf what Fields does. what a great look that will be for this regime in terms of QB analysis. your choice.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1