• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer also has us taking Fields, believes Tepper is pushing for it.

GoobyPls

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I get this, but lets say we have a competition and Darnold plays 8 games and give the reins to Fields.  Darnold has trade value, and might get a second rounder and a fourth rounder in 2022.  So we lose a 6th--a comp pick.

I think we do not go Qb and we draft T or CB, WR in second

I don't understand why people can't understand this and are hung up on the trade. The only way that matters is if Darnold is worthless in which case QB DEFINITELY needs to be on the board at #8.

• Pie 1

Just now, SizzleBuzz said:

As you state, this is simply your opinion.

I believe Tepper should be right down there in the weeds with Fitterer and Rhule and know he is...which I also know is painful for you.

Tepper is the smartest guy in the room...declining to put his massive intellect to work on behalf of the team would be foolish...and Mr. David A. Tepper ain't no fool!

#The AppaloosaWay

Well I'll say this for myself. My opinion is based on actual information I read rather than TV shows on Showtime.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't understand why people can't understand this and are hung up on the trade. The only way that matters is if Darnold is worthless in which case QB DEFINITELY needs to be on the board at #8.

The trade is nothing--we gave Erving $8m guaranteed for 2 years--nobody is touting him as the LT.  I love the fact that we do not know.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

May be wrong but I thought I saw somewhere it was the Niners before they traded up. Even if I do remember correctly in seeing that reported somewhere, I HIGHLY doubt the report, at least in the sense that it was just Darnold for their 1st rounder straight up.

Yeah, it's just not adding up. You don't trade a guy a couple weeks later for what we gave up if you were just being offered a mid-1st. At that point, might as well just keep hanging onto him hoping his value will go up when some teams strike out in the draft.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

@Mr. Scot @LinvilleGorge

This was the "report" on Darnold to 49ers talks: 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/146181-rumor-jets-turned-down-1st-round-pick-49ers-darnold/

I seriously question that, more reasonable if it was just a 2022 1st rounder.

Yeah, seems bogus. Some random radio guy said he heard a rumor and then no one else chimed in on it.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't do it unless their 1st next year was part of the deal.

Ya same.

Dont care about that value chart. If I’m dropping back 7 spots in the 1st and allowing another team to draft who they consider their franchise QB. You better be giving me a 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

As you state, this is simply your opinion.

I believe Tepper should be right down there in the weeds with Fitterer and Rhule and know he is...which I also know is painful for you.

Tepper is the smartest guy in the room...declining to put his massive intellect to work on behalf of the team would be foolish...and Mr. David A. Tepper ain't no fool!

#The AppaloosaWay

A rocket scientist or brain surgeon are generally the smartest guys in their rooms. Would you want them giving you invest advice or doing each other's jobs? Just because you are smart doesn't mean you have the expertise to contribute to the process. 

Darnold is known for being good out of structure and that's where his talent seems to really shine if you watch him, but his in-structure was all pretty bad. Panthers are banking on their coaching ability which reeks of arrogance but oh well man, we all gonna die anyway. I'm trying to see the bright side of it and would prefer Penei Sewell first, but would be happy with a trade down. I ultimately hope they aquire some picks and draft multiple offensive lineman and secondary players who contribute from the jump. That's all I'm hoping for this weekend. 

• Beer 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

A rocket scientist or brain surgeon are generally the smartest guys in their rooms. Would you want them giving you invest advice or doing each other's jobs? Just because you are smart doesn't mean you have the expertise to contribute to the process. 

You're wasting your time on that one.

He doesn't have a clue, but he wants to look like he does.

• Beer 1

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Darnold is known for being good out of structure and that's where his talent seems to really shine if you watch him, but his in-structure was all pretty bad. Panthers are banking on their coaching ability which reeks of arrogance but oh well man, we all gonna die anyway. I'm trying to see the bright side of it and would prefer Penei Sewell first, but would be happy with a trade down. I ultimately hope they aquire some picks and draft multiple offensive lineman and secondary players who contribute from the jump. That's all I'm hoping for this weekend. 

Most NFL coaches think they can turn bad players into good ones. Rhule wouldn't be unique in that idea at all. That just kinda comes with the territory.

The prime example of course is up in New England.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because it's a waste of a pick. What if Darnold DOESN'T give way to Fields, and you've blown the 8th overall pick on a guy that never sees the field? There are too many needs on this roster to draft a QB.