• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl record of teams with turf on their home fields since 2010

PhillyB

What really matters is are these numbers statistically significant. Not sure 60% is a strong majority. 

Also would be curious to see how the players feel about it. I didn’t play football in high school or college for that matter but most of the athletes I knew preferred grass.

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

What really matters is are these numbers statistically significant. Not sure 60% is a strong majority. 

Also would be curious to see how the players feel about it. I didn’t play football in high school or college for that matter but most of the athletes I knew preferred grass.

they don't support a position that turf HELPS you win super bowls, but they sure as hell unseat the huddle's insistence that the football sky is falling, and that's what this is all about.

Just now, Moo Daeng said:

Is there something kind of cool about grass? Yes. Is this something I really care about? no

that's what this boils down to.

turf has zero effect on fans or on the aesthetics of the game (unless you like mud pits, which are dangerous to players.)

if nfl fans cared about player safety they'd turn off their televisions and bankrupt the sport because it's a modern day gladiator sport, and they'd support every single measure to change the rules to improve player safety, but instead they reflexively bitch the second a ref throws a flag on a linebacker for driving his helmet into the side of another man's head.

no, reflexive bitching is woven into the fabric of the american football fan whose inherent selfishness reveals itself in castrated heritage arguments.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

that's what this boils down to.

turf has zero effect on fans or on the aesthetics of the game (unless you like mud pits, which are dangerous to players.)

if nfl fans cared about player safety they'd turn off their televisions and bankrupt the sport because it's a modern day gladiator sport, and they'd support every single measure to change the rules to improve player safety, but instead they reflexively bitch the second a ref throws a flag on a linebacker for driving his helmet into the side of another man's head.

no, reflexive bitching is woven into the fabric of the american football fan whose inherent selfishness reveals itself in castrated heritage arguments.

Many generate their self worth from their ability or inability to brag about a competition they are not involved in and the surface this competition is held on, apparently.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

the only owner in the nfl to do so, undoubtedly 

you think that because it’s new it’s progressive and thus are apologizing for inherently unprogressive things

turf isn’t helping teams win super bowls