• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints might be trading ahead of us

Tbe

12 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

What did we lose? We are picking at 8. We are going to get a really good player. 

Treating the win at WFT like it cost us a generational type player is funny to me. We are not going to fall off the end of the world picking at 8 instead of 4.

I agree for the most part.  Who knows?  We could pick a generational player in the 3rd or 4th round.  Maybe 6th.  Which is why I say Rhule better be the coach he contends he is...  because what it did cost us was leverage potential assets.  That's all I'm saying.  This isn't panic, this isn't whining...  I was simply pointing out how costly that win was.  That's all.

10 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Lol, okay.  Thanks for the discussion.  Enjoy the Falcons getting another franchise QB and the Saints stealing a franchise tackle from us because 5 wins compared to 4 separates the badasses from the pussies apparently.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my pacifier.

I wasn’t happy with the win, I understood the ramifications. I just find it horribly ridiculous to suggest on any level professionals don’t go out and do their job. By the way, we would have even won that game with you playing QB, that’s how bad WFT was. You are excused now, you left your diaper behind.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I agree for the most part.  Who knows?  We could pick a generational player in the 3rd or 4th round.  Maybe 6th.  Which is why I say Rhule better be the coach he contends he is...  because what it did cost us was leverage potential assets.  That's all I'm saying.  This isn't panic, this isn't whining...  I was simply pointing out how costly that win was.  That's all.

If everyone agreed up in here, it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. There is just something about folks blaming that WFT win for us not getting a premo pick that gets to me.

To me, one win here or there is not going to change our franchises trajectory much. If at all.

I guess after 70 years of marriage, I am picky upon which hill I wish to die. And a meaningless win late in the year is not much of a hill to me.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

And yet, we've been sitting back writhing and sulking around in our inter-divisional hate for them saying the same thing for years now - "oh, that's gonna come back to bite them," "no way they can keep signing people," "cap is gonna be unmanageable pretty soon..."  guess what?  None of those things happened, yet.  Theyve signed all the guys and traded for all the guys they wanted and made it through the entirety of Brees' tenure there without ever having to have a massive purge or reset.  Moving up to get ahead of us means absolutely nothing to Payton.  He does whatever it takes to improve his team and if he can screw us in the process, that gives him that much more incentive...  he loves it.

Where did I mention anything about the cap? This ain’t some abstract grey area like the salary cap that you can maneuver around by manipulating contracts. This is an objective, empirical, astronomical cost of moving from 28th to Top 10.

Like I said, if we traded every single draft pick for the next 3 years to move up to 2nd overall and took...let’s say Mac Jones...would you be like “Hell yeah!! Finally sticking it to Payton!”. That’s essentially what you’re arguing by freaking out about the possibility of the Saints moving up without even knowing who they’re taking.

So we’re fools for winning that WFT game to drop our draft pick to 8th overall...yet we should emulate the Saints who won enough games to drop to 28th overall (and nothing to show for it)...? Try to get your philosophy straight cause I have no idea what you’re even advocating for other than “PANTHERS = BAD!!”.

Edited by MasterAwesome

37 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Where did I mention anything about the cap? This ain’t some abstract grey area like the salary cap that you can maneuver around by manipulating contracts. This is an objective, empirical, astronomical cost of moving from 28th to Top 10.

Like I said, if we traded every single draft pick for the next 3 years to move up to 2nd overall and took...let’s say Mac Jones...would you be like “Hell yeah!! Finally sticking it to Payton!”. That’s essentially what you’re arguing by freaking out about the possibility of the Saints moving up without even knowing who they’re taking.

So we’re fools for winning that WFT game to drop our draft pick to 8th overall...yet we should emulate the Saints who won enough games to drop to 28th overall (and nothing to show for it)...? Try to get your philosophy straight cause I have no idea what you’re even advocating for other than “PANTHERS = BAD!!”.

I never said it was something you said lol.

Nor am I panicking.  Although you seem a bit anxious lol.  I just said that's what huddlers have said for years and the chickens have yet to come home to roost.

And if we took Mac Jones in the Top 10, we have bigger problems than the Saints moving ahead of us.

56 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I wasn’t happy with the win, I understood the ramifications. I just find it horribly ridiculous to suggest on any level professionals don’t go out and do their job. By the way, we would have even won that game with you playing QB, that’s how bad WFT was. You are excused now, you left your diaper behind.

I didnt expect pros to go out there and half ass it.  Nor did I expect Rhule to pull a Pederson, but you can affect outcomes without expecting less of your roster.  And as I said elsewhere, if we start Grier there and he wins it, that is a lot more palatable than what happened.  And again, I'm not panicking or sounding the alarms that due to it there is impending doom.  I simply said the win was more costly than it was beneficial, and our division rivals could benefit more from it.  I also said this is where Rhule has to prove he is the coach he contends he is.  

No panic.  Just an observation.

And look, I didnt mind the pacifier insult.  I let it slide.  But you assuming I'm not potty trained because of my pacifier use is just outright disrespectful.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Scrub nuts?  Nice.

An alternative would've been starting Grier.  If he wins, that game is a lot more palatable and tolerable.  Going there with a proven loser who just happened to avoid just enough of his usual horrible mistakes to win a game that only hurt us cost us far more than we gained.

But what if...Instead of getting the 4th QB in the draft, we sign a QB who never had a chance with his original team, and sign a blue chip LT instead?

6 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

But what if...Instead of getting the 4th QB in the draft, we sign a QB who never had a chance with his original team, and sign a blue chip LT instead?

If it works that way, fantastic.  But, going from the 4th pick to 8th pick left us at the mercy of a lot more teams and their predilections.