• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule says there are multiple players still available that they have 2nd and 3rd round grades for.

Zod

56 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Maybe they will package the picks to move up into the late 4th--their board is only 150 players, so if they get 2 tomorrow, we could be done.

That's my thinking - I wouldn't be surprised if we have two high 4th round picks tomorrow and call it a night.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That's my thinking - I wouldn't be surprised if we have two high 4th round picks tomorrow and call it a night.

I honestly expect them to trade away the 4th rounders for low picks next year. The way they are drafting, it really doesn't seem like they wanted many of the guys in this draft class at all. 

• Pie 1

It's frustrating to wait for our pick only to see us trade down (especially when I am watching at 6am in the morning) but the last trade was quite fruitful.  We have a chance to get a couple of players early in the 4th round (late 3rds).  Plus we have recuperated the 4th round we gave away to NYJ.  As of now, we only need to recuperate a 2nd and Darnold was free.  (JOKE)

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's frustrating to wait for our pick only to see us trade down (especially when I am watching at 6am in the morning) but the last trade was quite fruitful.  We have a chance to get a couple of players early in the 4th round (late 3rds).  Plus we have recuperated the 4th round we gave away to NYJ.  As of now, we only need to recuperate a 2nd and Darnold was free.  (JOKE)

Let's hope we are planning on doing something with those picks next year. I am not sure how much use the pile of 4th and 5th rounders will be other than fixing our persistent depth issues. 

Packaging to make them into better draft picks would be nice. I do wonder if we use them to trade for players. Maybe we plan on doing more building that way? Seattle was fairly active in that world, IIRC.

5 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Anyone watch the presser? Rhule looks like he was doing blow all night.

Football is his blow. 

Seriously. I am not kidding. The guy gets more excited about it than anyone I have ever met. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Maybe they will package the picks to move up into the late 4th--their board is only 150 players, so if they get 2 tomorrow, we could be done.

It’s pretty clear they are going BPA to match Rhule and Fitt’s design. I could see us giving up a couple six’s but I wouldn’t be surprised if we try to trade back again. I do really like what we’ve done so far. But it does seem that we could be over valuing players dependent on what this coaching staff can do with them though. 

That said I’m very curious that the TE we drafted had a panthers hat ready to go. Did he just buy a hat for each team? Did the NFL send them hats or was he that sure he was going to end up a panther? 

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

It’s pretty clear they are going BPA to match Rhule and Fitt’s design. I could see us giving up a couple six’s but I wouldn’t be surprised if we try to trade back again. I do really like what we’ve done so far. But it does seem that we could be over valuing players dependent on what this coaching staff can do with them though. 

That said I’m very curious that the TE we drafted had a panthers hat ready to go. Did he just buy a hat for each team? Did the NFL send them hats or was he that sure he was going to end up a panther? 

The league sent them a hat from all 32 teams before the draft. Did this last year as well. 

• Pie 1