• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Important Free Agency Note- After 4PM EST Today (May 3rd), FA Signings Do Not Impact Compensatory Picks

Just now, Seltzer said:

Panthers currently have about $15M in cap.  Need $5M or so for draft picks, so we have the means to add some more talent.

Especially since the salary crunch from Covid is going to cause some of these veterans to take 1-year minimum or near-minimum deals

I thought it was 18 and basically close to 19 after JJ Jansen???

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

spotrac is 17.2

Hoping that number is right... and that would give us plenty of cushion to add a few more quality guys to round out the roster, sign our draft picks, and still give some space to sign someone during the season if there are injuries.

This date won’t matter to us. I think we’ve signed way more than we lost. We are already getting nothing in 2022. 2021 was the year to maximize comp picks because we lost so many FAs.

It would have been fun to see what we could have done with Bradberry’s 3rd and another 5th (pretty sure that’s what Weatherly canceled out). We could have taken a risk on Tre Smith and Deonte and maybe grabbed Weinerz. Could have had a royal rumble on the OL, best 9 make it and best 5 start.

• Pie 1
9 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Hoping that number is right... and that would give us plenty of cushion to add a few more quality guys to round out the roster, sign our draft picks, and still give some space to sign someone during the season if there are injuries.

I honestly don’t want to spend anymore. I don’t think we are SB contenders yet. We don’t know what we’ve got in Sam. We have a ton more free cap next year so I’d rather make sure we have our ducks in a row to go all out in 2022 if Sam is for real. I feel like we went all in the past two years and that got us a poo ton of wasted cap and not much success. Let’s build the team right work on extending our best young players and draft well. Two of our potential “expensive” guys in Darnold and Moore aren’t really expensive until 2023.

• Pie 1

I know Ron is looking at this list right now up in Washington...he loves him some old vets, and there is merit in having some to keep the locker room right, and teach the young guys.

I get the feeling Matt is on the other end of the spectrum.  I think he'll want to play his young guys and let them grow through experience and coaching.  There is also merit in that.  I don't think we have plans to challenge for a ring this year, so we'll give our young guys opportunities, and better coaching than we had previously (still pulling for Ron).

If we could somehow land Hooker and Leno, I think we are a vastly different team heading into next year.

From top to bottom, I don't see a position that we didn't improve....except maybe at guard. Even then, I think two of Elflein, Miller, Erving, Daley, Brown and Moore can start.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Malik Hooker is interesting, we still need a true free safety 

dude is ALWAYS hurt and missing games.