• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Study: GREAT FIT: Why Sam Darnold will be a great Quarterback for the Carolina Panthers.

52 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

During Week 16 against the Green Bay Packers, Darnold finished with 341 passing yards and three touchdowns. Marred by 16 penalties, the Jets squandered a 15-point lead and lost 44–38 in overtime.[47] During Week 17 against the New England Patriots, Darnold finished with 167 passing yards as the Jets lost 38–3 in the regular-season finale. (reference)

How he perform after this game though?

Oh, that's right Coach Belichick watches film too.

Last game of that year, Sam looked lost.

Came back the year after ok but sick, missed a couple games, then guess what, that's right, Coach Belichick had the boy seeing Ghosts....

There was potential, WAS, until Belichick showed the blueprint on how to dismantle Sam.

Hey, if he proves me wrong, my team makes the playoffs.(1st year PSL owner:) I'll admit it if I'm wrong, hell, I'll buy a Darnold jersey and put 's B***h because that's what you do when you make a mistake.

How many excuses are there going be when Sam fails though???

Edited by CPsinceDay1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I tend to agree with him. I think if Darnold is gonna be bad, it will be immediately apparent. 

Fair enough, but this 2 game window is not ideal when you're trying to figure out if this person you just acquired is the fit for your system and can flourish. 

The other side of the coin, if he does amazing, you gonna have that 2 game window are are you going to think, nah, let's give it more time? If you mindset about Darnold is that you do not want him here or he was a waste of a 2nd round pick then it won't matter how many games he plays, that mentality will follow no matter what he does. 

It's not an objective amount of time at all to see if he is it or not. Especially learning this system. 

Things like this take a full season at least to see if he is it or not. Believe me if by game 10 he's 1-9 with a high Pick ratio, dude you can bet your ass he's gone. 2 games...I don't think so chief.

• Pie 6

11 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Fair enough, but this 2 game window is not ideal when you're trying to figure out if this person you just acquired is the fit for your system and can flourish. 

The other side of the coin, if he does amazing, you gonna have that 2 game window are are you going to think, nah, let's give it more time? If you mindset about Darnold is that you do not want him here or he was a waste of a 2nd round pick then it won't matter how many games he plays, that mentality will follow no matter what he does. 

It's not an objective amount of time at all to see if he is it or not. Especially learning this system. 

Things like this take a full season at least to see if he is it or not. Believe me if by game 10 he's 1-9 with a high Pick ratio, dude you can bet your ass he's gone. 2 games...I don't think so chief.

I gave him 5 games, after 5 games last year, you could tell Teddy wasn't the answer and we were 3-2, guess how those next games went when the NFL noticed too.

9 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I think it will more so be rather obvious if he is adjusting to the things we are doing or he is still the same guy he was in NY. Certainly, you cannot make a final judgment for a 17 game season based on a 2-3 game start, but I do think that we will have a general idea of how he is gonna work out. Remember, he is a three year NFL starter, not a rookie. I know people like to pretend he is based on age and lack of development in NY. But he is also three years into knowing what it takes in terms of preparation and being a professional football player. 

It's going to be on him to make of this what he will. We can scheme and scheme and scheme but it's on him to figure out some of this stuff. Last year we had a relatively successful scheme(definitely not perfect) offensively but Teddy Bridgewater did Teddy Bridgewater things and that is why he is not longer here. 

And I don't mean that he will be set up for complete success here, either. It remains to be seen if he has even an average level NFL line in front of him. But, elite/franchise QB's still win in less than ideal conditions. So after playing here in Carolina, whatever the ultimate result will be a reflection of Sam Darnold and not the Jets/Panthers.

• Flames 1