• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No matter what happens

CPsinceDay1

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

I’ll only give you a 0,0,0 coordinate and then! 1123.45, 19998.32.

hint of the 0,0,0 (and then you’ll have to run some CAD commands): megalithic temple, Carnac, Atlas Mountains 

fuging stop. You are gonna lure that numerology nutter out of his basement.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

fuging stop. You are gonna lure that numerology nutter out of his basement.

Oh crap forgot we had a really bad gimmick lurking. Though did determine a coordinate from a Makeface command based on a 0,0,0 from an ancient monument for someone to figure out.  Dammit! Lol

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, saX man said:

I’ll only give you a 0,0,0 coordinate and then! 1123.45, 19998.32.

hint of the 0,0,0 (and then you’ll have to run some CAD commands): megalithic temple, Carnac, Atlas Mountains 

dammit…here i’ve been living in shangri la the past two years watching the rest of the world implode from my mountain paradise. only problem is there’s no good tacquerias around here. 😐

54 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Jiminey Christ, man. He inherited one of the worst/talent depleted defenses in the NFL and coached Brian Burns and a bunch of rookies to a respectable level. I mean, he’s not ‘hindsight message board guy’ good, but I don’t think he’s got a ton of figuring out to do.

If you casually look at stats you might say we weren't bad. But if you look at situational football it was a different matter. Defense isn't about how many yards you give up but how many points you surrender and when.  We played prevent defense between the 20s and then stiffened up when our backs were to the wall. That meant teams routinely were in field goal range before we even started playing defense. That is called bend until you break.  Opponents converted 3rd downs more than they were stopped.  And it wasn't the personnel it was the scheme. When McDermott first got here he put in his system and we weren't that good but we were aggressive and we blitzed and that translated into an aggressive defense as guys learned their jobs and gained experience. Snow came in and played 3 and 4 man rushes from set pieces with few stunts or blitzes. Behind it a soft cover zone with guys standing around waiting to tackle the receiver after he catches the ball. Heaven forbid anything gets behind you. For Snow to be successful he needs to scrap the 3-5-3 and put in a ravenesque 3-4 with lots of misdirection and pressure fronts. He has the corners and linebackers to run it.  With our nose tackles and DEs we have all the ingredients. But we have to have the scheme. Without it all the talent in the world isn't worth a hit of beans without the scheme to maximize the talent.  

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

So I'm guessing you were Anti-Jake, Anti-Cam, and Anti-Bridgewater since none of them won the SuperBowl either.

Do you even READ what you type? 

No Jake to me was the best, Cam was too now for being a beast, Teddy, eh...liked him but grew tired of him. People kept saying Teddy would be Teddy, I thought maybe, but Teddy was Teddy...hell I rather go back to Vinny(with the way Brady playing too...u never know) as he is rn then Darnold. 

*Sidenote Vinny's son looks like WillGrier*

Unlike some I don't judge a group  "QBs" because of 1 individual...

Fool me once, that's my case with Darnold...

It's no different than y'all blaming Gase for his problems, Darnold had them his rookie year also.

I'm just waiting to see who y'all going blame this time, maybe the oline, maybe Brady when the plays seem not to be working for whatever reason*Sam*, maybe the defense because it allowed 30 points aside from the fact they constantly on the field because we can't move the sticks on offense. Maybe Rhule because he forgot to invite Darnold over for a cook out, who knows???

Lord I pray he stay healthy, don't won't the injury bug excuse, hmm ain't that why we got rid of Cam. And if we losing games by more than 1 possession he should be traded like Teddy, forget keeping him as a backup, a virus like that can be contagious....

Screenshot_20210529-034939~2.png

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am guessing you weren't a fan when Jake, Cam or Teddy were here. That sound about right?

Always been a fan, and let's not talk about the Cam thing on this forum, I was the first to start a thread on drafting Cam Newton, everyone else wanted Luck...but I can't prove that unless they unban CarolinaPantherSinceday1 I was very frequently on the board, stop posting as much after 16' mom's passed...n to tell u the truth it made me understand DWill more. Sorry too personal but the fact is She's the reason I am a fan, was her team she passed on Jan 20 that year n no1 wanted to go to her funeral because it was on Superbowl Sunday. That was the only time I ever went against the Panthers I wanted Denver to score 48 points( her age) but I realized now how selfish that was. I think more about the magic that season brought her in her last year. My fault, too personal but NEVER EVERR EVEEEERR EVERRRR question my loyalty to Carolina.

My mother bought me Madden 96 and continue to do so every year after...even when I stop playing in highschool. She Loved the game, so I play it now, it's a tradition I had to remind myself...

IMG_20210529_040832811.jpg

3 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Always been a fan, and let's not talk about the Cam thing on this forum, I was the first to start a thread on drafting Cam Newton, everyone else wanted Luck...but I can't prove that unless they unban CarolinaPantherSinceday1 I was very frequently on the board, stop posting as much after 16' mom's passed...n to tell u the truth it made me understand DWill more. Sorry too personal but the fact is She's the reason I am a fan, was her team she passed on Jan 20 that year n no1 wanted to go to her funeral because it was on Superbowl Sunday. That was the only time I ever went against the Panthers I wanted Denver to score 48 points( her age) but I realized now how selfish that was. I think more about the magic that season brought her in her last year. My fault, too personal but NEVER EVERR EVEEEERR EVERRRR question my loyalty to Carolina.

My mother bought me Madden 96 and continue to do so every year after...even when I stop playing in highschool. She Loved the game, so I play it now, it's a tradition I had to remind myself...

IMG_20210529_040832811.jpg

Not talking to you. Look at who that response was to. That guy questioning your fanhood is a "Jets" fan that came over with Darnold. He is just basically a Darnold homer like we had Bridgewater homers come over last offseason/season. He knows basically nothing about this team he didn't read in an article. 

Edited by kungfoodude

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am guessing you weren't a fan when Jake, Cam or Teddy were here. That sound about right?

Tbh with you, I wasn't even here for Jake, Cam, or even Teddy.

I came here when Sam came here.   🤷‍♂️

And what I was doing was answering CP's absurd take that he'll always be Anti-Sam unless he wins a Superbowl.   

I mean let's be frank here :   If winning a SuperBowl is the prerequisite for CP liking a QB, then(using CP's criteria there) Teddy, Cam, and even Jake failed that.   So in essence, he should be Anti-Teddy/Cam/Jake then.  Fair?

Of course he then backtracks and says he likes Jake and Cam(even says he liked Teddy until he "got tired of him", whatever that means)....lol

Edited by glenwo2

11 hours ago, panthers55 said:

If you casually look at stats you might say we weren't bad. But if you look at situational football it was a different matter. Defense isn't about how many yards you give up but how many points you surrender and when.  We played prevent defense between the 20s and then stiffened up when our backs were to the wall. That meant teams routinely were in field goal range before we even started playing defense. That is called bend until you break.  Opponents converted 3rd downs more than they were stopped.  And it wasn't the personnel it was the scheme. When McDermott first got here he put in his system and we weren't that good but we were aggressive and we blitzed and that translated into an aggressive defense as guys learned their jobs and gained experience. Snow came in and played 3 and 4 man rushes from set pieces with few stunts or blitzes. Behind it a soft cover zone with guys standing around waiting to tackle the receiver after he catches the ball. Heaven forbid anything gets behind you. For Snow to be successful he needs to scrap the 3-5-3 and put in a ravenesque 3-4 with lots of misdirection and pressure fronts. He has the corners and linebackers to run it.  With our nose tackles and DEs we have all the ingredients. But we have to have the scheme. Without it all the talent in the world isn't worth a hit of beans without the scheme to maximize the talent.  

I agree with this.  I want more blitzing schemes. With blitz you want press man coverage which we weren't good at... with Horn and pro-bowler Bouye added, I think we now have the talent to press.  We are going to see more blitz packages.

On 5/8/2021 at 1:20 AM, CPsinceDay1 said:

From this point forward, Tepper(making it public we needed a Franchise QB), Rhule(I believe in Cam, wait no Teddy, ok maybe Sam), and Fitterer(I really wanted to trade back, but now I'm the GM who pass on Fields)*And I know there's going to be some to say other GMs did but he was the first one that actually needed a QB and didn't get one*, are going to be tied to J.Fields his whole career anyhow...

https://www-nfl-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/nfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-falcons-add-enticing-talent-saints-surprise-agai?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16204524820077&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fnfc-south-draft-grades-panthers-falcons-add-enticing-talent-saints-surprise-agai

They told the world Sam Darnold is better than Justin Fields, point blank.

Poo all you want...but ever time Fields win and Darnold lose I'm bumping this thread to remind myself, as a fan I got screwed. 

Been a fan all my life, if you said at the beginning of last year who you want Teddy or trade the Jets for Darnold, though Teddy wasn't spectacular, he was a winner, and look what this franchise did to him. And now they want me to believe, they can turn a proven loser into a winner.

They was scared Fields was like Cam, all the credit would have went to him turning this franchise around. So they want to prove they can without a... let's say a versatile QB.

Horn can be Deion Sanders good, but Deion Sanders with a QB =Superbowls...

Darnold is only Young(notSteve) in age, but will fall like Troy(notAikman)

I'm always going be fan, but I feel the pain  that Browns, Lions, and yes the Jets felt all these years, knowing this is just the beginning.

GSheet GIF