• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 the BEFORE

Just now, CRA said:

Vet edition:

High - Brown

Unsure - Darnold

Low -  Slye

Rookie edition (just in terms of the 2021 season and play/impact during their rookie year)

High - Marshall

Unsure - Horn

Low - Christensen

I think I'd switch Marshall and Horn. Just because of Marshall's injury history and Horn just has that alpha swagger to him. High hopes for that guy. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I think I'd switch Marshall and Horn. Just because of Marshall's injury history and Horn just has that alpha swagger to him. High hopes for that guy. 

it's largely positional for me and not so much about the specific players.  And about roles/load.  Easier for a spot situation WR to come in and look good vs a starting rookie DB.   

I think Horn would look much better as a rookie in spot situations where we could just play him to his strengths.    The assumption I am going with is he will be a full time starter.    

• Pie 2

High: DaQuan Jones will bring solid veteran play to a young line. He could be the leader of that young group and allow the talent around him to shine while also being a force inside next to Brown. Just what Brown and Roy and Nixon might need to progress.

Not sure: Darnold has the physical and mental ability to be a solid QB but hasn't yet. 

Low: Slye will cost us a game or 2 as usual.

High: Jeremy Chinn. I've been waiting for the Panthers to have impact player at the safety position ever since the long lost days of Mike Minter. Not only is Jeremy Chinn an athletic freak, he's incredible driven and appears to desire to be greater than great. He's doing all of the right things so far, including an explosive rookie season. I can't wait to see how he looks at his natural position on the back end.

Low: Troy Pride Jr. If there was a rookie starter that looked the part of a rookie last season, it was Troy Pride Jr. While this was understandable given the tempered expectations for a 4th round selection further complicated by a COVID-19 impacted offseason and a new coaching staff also getting acclimated to the NFL, Pride was clearly in over his head during his 529 snaps where he piled up just 2 pass deflections and 42 tackles. Given the disappointment that was Eli Apple and the toe turf that plagued Donte Jackson last season, it wasn't exactly like Troy was set up for success during his first year. Hopefully with the addition of Jaycee Horn and AJ Abouye, Pride and STO3 will get a year to truly develop should they make the team.

Fence: David Moore. The other Moore declined a little bit last season, and with the additions of Terrace Marshall Jr & Shi Smith in the draft that makes three (possibly four) roster spots filled at WR. Brandon Zylstra is a valued member of the special teams, so another spot will likely go to him. Should both of the draft picks make the roster, that leaves Omar Bayless, Micah Simon, Keith Kirkwood, Marken Michel, Ishmael Hyman, and Ventell Bryant to compete with the other Moore. With the team seemingly in Year 0.5 of the rebuild, they might opt to go with a developmental youth prospect over the veteran presence in Moore (especially since Robby Anderson already fulfills that veteran role). Kirkwood and Bayless could beat Moore out for that spot based on those factors, but the team could also opt to roll with 5 WRs if they feel confident in the current group.

High: DJ Moore - I think DJ will have a lot to prove this year. May earn himself a contract extension or build himself up for a large contract elsewhere. He will be working with a new QB but, with Brady in year two and some other new weapons at WR, he could shine.  Also he is not rated very high among experts, chip on the shoulder?

Not sure: Sam Darnold. It's a risk worth taking for a former top 5 pick that is below 25. If he can stay healthy and develop some accuracy, he can do well. I believe if the offensive line gives him time to throw, he can be great.

Low: Offensive Line....Did they do enough in the draft and FA to build the line? There were a few top notch FA's out there that we could have went after. I hope they do a great job getting these guys ready to block for Darnold.

2 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

High: Terrace Marshall This guy is legit. I expect him to be wide receiver 1 by next year. His 50/50 balls are literally 80/20. His catch radius is next level. His adjusted catch rate was highest in the nation at 84%. At 6'3 205 he ran a 4.40. I liken him to Michael Irvin.

I sure hope so. I about lost my poo when they passed on Radunz for him after trading back twice. Watching the tape on Marshall though, it's hard not to get excited. I can visualize the hissy fit Joe Brady was having while Fitterer and Rhule were deciding whether to draft him or not; like a 4 year old in a toy store.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I think Horn would look much better as a rookie in spot situations where we could just play him to his strengths.    The assumption I am going with is he will be a full time starter.    

I think you are right. This team, this DB crew, I think he is a day one starter and possibly the 2nd best DB on the team, that's scary.

26 minutes ago, IceUpSon2001 said:

I think you are right. This team, this DB crew, I think he is a day one starter and possibly the 2nd best DB on the team, that's scary.

Yeah, if Horn is a full time stater he is going to take some legit lumps.  Which is fine.  Not sure everyone will be prepared for that though.  

Present day, I think he is kinda a niche corner.   His overall game is going to take some time to develop.   Corner is just really hard.  And unlike some positions….no one misses your mistakes/lumps.   Easy to miss Derrick Brown learning.   Hard to miss a DB. 

• Pie 3

So apparently this is just supposed to be the new guys.  So I'm going unorthodox and just go with my gut.

High: I was going to put Marshal, Perryman or Reddick, but you know what, I'm going with Christensen.  I know, I know, but I just feel that by the end of the season he is going to be a very serviceable starting left tackle.  I'm with Tepper.  I am so glad we got him.

Unsure: Tommy Tremble.   Will his violent streak translate to the NFL?  Will he catch?  Will we target him? 

Low: Jaycee Horn, not because he won't do well, but because expectations are unreasonable at 8 over Fields.  He's going to get burned and penalized because, well, he's a corner.  In a few years, I expect him to outshine Bradberry and Norman just not his rookie year.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, BigTruth said:

Low- the worst QB in the league, Sam Darnold.  He is just a bad QB and a bust.  The Panthers  will draft a QB next year.

High- Gross-Matos is going to develop into a nice pass rusher

Unsure-Mccaffrey- after  being saddled  w Darnold, look at his position  age and injury history. It might be wise to consider trading him to recoup a 2nd  round pick- or  a 3  and 4th to have resources to use on  the OL when drafting a  franchise QB next year.

Move on to the broncos forum, you dont belong here anymore.

High:  Horn. He is a baller with a mean streak. Just what we need. His overaggressiveness might get him burned a few times but he is the real deal.

Unsure: I am putting Darnold on this list given things are up in the air. I suspect he will do better than many think if we can build his confidence early and get a few quality wins.

Bad: Ian Thomas. If he makes the roster I doubt he is the starter by years end.