Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Panthers moving Chinn to safety. Thoughts?


Recommended Posts

Just now, kungfoodude said:

This is where he could be special, at safety. 

That was the plan from the beginning but last year happened. Hopefully this season they can get back to the process of building the rest of the roster.  If the LB group can earn their pay it will allow Chinn to play the role he was born for, opening up a can of whoop ass in the secondary.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That was the plan from the beginning but last year happened. Hopefully this season they can get back to the process of building the rest of the roster.  If the LB group can earn their pay it will allow Chinn to play the role he was born for, opening up a can of whoop ass in the secondary.

If he has to play LB this season, I will go ahead and assume things have gone pretty poorly for the defense.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he has to play LB this season, I will go ahead and assume things have gone pretty poorly for the defense.

And the staff. You have a stud. Play him as you see him best suited. Don't try to slap bandaids on the defense using arguably your best young chess piece.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If he has to play LB this season, I will go ahead and assume things have gone pretty poorly for the defense.

Yeah that would set us back a step.  

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And the staff. You have a stud. Play him as you see him best suited. Don't try to slap bandaids on the defense using arguably your best young chess piece.

Yeah, this was the offseason of depth. We got a boatload of guys that should be solid backups and a few potential starters. 

If we start having to move guys around to full in, something went pretty terribly wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, this was the offseason of depth. We got a boatload of guys that should be solid backups and a few potential starters. 

If we start having to move guys around to full in, something went pretty terribly wrong.

I'm fine with moving vets around but when you have a young stud on a team that's probably not quite ready to compete, be smart enough to see the future. Develop that guy where you think his best future is. Don't got chasing an extra possible win that's the difference between 7-10 and 6-11.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

It's either that or cut. Unless he's alright sitting behind Chinn at SS. Plus he's still probably the better option than the other guys on the team. I'm hoping Keith Taylor gets looks there. Or hopefully the new guy Hill we signed is healthy and can step up there. Don't have faith in Robinson after being cut last year then signed after injuries occurred.

I don't think they've specified that Chinn would be a strong safety.

I know Person said a while back that they were planning on trying Chinn at free safety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't get too caught up in the delineation between FS and SS. Quite often there's very little difference between the two. It's essentially a meaningless designation. Responsibilities will be the same for both safeties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Don't get too caught up in the delineation between FS and SS. Quite often there's very little difference between the two. It's essentially a meaningless designation. Responsibilities will be the same for both safeties.

Yeah, this staff seems to not really differentiate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • sam.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Tecklenburg will never get an interception. What were we thinking? 
    • I don't know AVT's run grades.  I don't pay PFF.  Look up you're own stats.  I looked mine up. In the end. It.  Doesn't. Matter.   AVT is not a 62.5.  He isn't.  You can defend PFF and the jets OL all you want.  You will never convince me that AVT is a 62.5 or Fant is playing out of his mind at 69.2 or McCovern is a 68.   No.  No they don't.  He is 48.5 bad, not 62.5 bad.  Someone on that line has to be in the 40s, but amazingly NO ONE IS.  How is this possible?  The worst performing line in the league has all average lineman?     Its 2.6.    I sited my link in the original post, you didn't.  If you click on the underlined words it takes you to the site with stats:   2021 NFL Advanced Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com Sigh.  If PFF puts it on Wilson, then HIS PFF grade should be in the 40s, but its not. A 40's PFF grade is required somewhere on the jets OL or Wilson.  There isn't one. You ask all of these stat questions, which can easily be looked up.   You have provided ZERO links to make your case that the jets OL scores are legit.  Instead you stated a ybc  number but no link to it. Sorry.  At this point you're just making up sht.  I'm done here. Ignore on.  You can rant to the void.  
    • Well being a Temple person he knows the system...that's something. I mean a lot of the mistakes you see in the NFL are players out of position or not knowing the scheme well vs specific offenses so it seems to me that we have a good mix of legit talent with other fill ins knowing the scheme so as to not make catastrophic mistakes. We gave up a lot of yards last year but since most of our losses were within 1 score we didn't get blown away and clearly bent more than you'd think rather than break. 
×
×
  • Create New...