• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phil Snow Press Conference

SBBlue

17 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Our defense is going to flip in the ratings this year. You can here the excitement in the voice of every defensive player. They all truly believe we're going to be dominant on defense. We won't get there without Snow leading the way. 

I think about  how much we got wrong last year.  Many felt the D was going to suck (no Keuchly, Bradberry) and the O was going to be ok.  We brought in Okung, Teddy was an upgrade over Allen and co, we had CMC and DJ was going to ball.

In the end, the defense, overall held its own, peaking late in the season to a shut out Matt Stafford.  CMC, who never gets hurt... gets hurt for most of the season.  Newcomer Robbie Anderson lights things up early, while Okung only plays 7 games.  

Right now we are pretty confident in our D and we're worried about the Oline.  I just wonder what we have wrong this time.

Edited by SBBlue

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I think Snow was the biggest unknown to most of us when Rhule brought him in. First time I listen to an interview with him, I was excited about how good of a coach he is. I still new last year was going to be a struggle. 

Our defense is going to flip in the ratings this year. You can here the excitement in the voice of every defensive player. They all truly believe we're going to be dominant on defense. We won't get there without Snow leading the way. 

Half this board turned Snow into a meme of incompetence last year for some unknown reason. They found a pic of him in a crooked hat with a goofy looking face and threw it around everywhere confidently insisting he was a college coach not fit for the NFL.

He shut them up in a hurry. I mean, our defense definitely had growing pains, but he did damn good with what he had. Numerous rookies starting, barely any experience in the secondary at all, backup caliber LBers. They just kept getting better.

Ive been a believer in Rhule and Snow from the start. But even if they don’t pan out here (which I personally feel VERY confident that they will) there is no denying they know football. Rivera was a great defensive coach and yet when you listen to Snow talk about the game you still just get the impression that Snow could out scheme him. And his defense performed better last year than Ron’s final season with us with far less talent. 

• Pie 4

12 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Seriously dude fugg off already. I get your deal is to troll for attention but its seriously annoying.

I get your jealous of Mr Scott and his '+ count'. But he provides a significant amount of content and discussion to this board and has been doing so for a very long time. 

You seem to only be on here, not to contribute but to attract attention. Grow up. Do that and people here will actually like you. 

Oh there is more than him.......we have been overrun by trolls recently.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, SBBlue said:

In the end, the defense, overall held its own, peaking late in the season to a shut out Matt Stafford. 

Not to mention that the defense in the 2nd half of the Green Bay game. Our defense gave the eventual MVP fits.  If I remember correctly we had 5 consecutive 3 and outs against Rodgers. Probably our best half of defensive football all season. 

• Pie 5

13 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

So aside from having people like me in reality  like the real world we live in, you’re telling me to try having people behind a keyboard like me on an Internet forum board? Never fuggin mind. If that’s the life you choose to live.x 

You seem to get your jollies by trolling people.. I would rather not be a dick online and actually try to have a football conversation. If you wanna troll, go back to Twitter. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

Lol no it isn't. 

You might need to watch some football games and do some reading if you actually think this. Start with names like Steve Atwater, Brian Dawkins, Sean Taylor if you aren't sure what the position includes. 

Edited by Moo Daeng

45 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

You might need to watch some football games and do some reading if you actually think this. Start with names like Steve Atwater, Brian Dawkins, Sean Taylor if you aren't sure what the position includes. 

I remember when I didn't understand football. It was a fun time. Also you just listed guys that played back in 2000. You know things have changed a little there scooter... We don't need two in the box safeties anymore and teams actually attack the CB more now than they did years ago. FS has become your deep guy or a guy who picks up the extra Receiver. You really need to learn modern football there guy.