• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers OLB Haason Reddick's deal named among best contracts in the NFL

SBBlue

Panthers OLB Haason Reddick’s deal named among best contracts in NFL (usatoday.com)

Ranking the top 32 contracts in the NFL | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

31. EDGE HAASON REDDICK, CAROLINA PANTHERS: ONE YEAR, $6 MILLION (FULLY GUARANTEED)
Although Reddick just converted back to a full-time edge rushing position at the tail end of the 2020 season, he’s a former top-15 draft pick who will still be just 26 years old come Week 1. We routinely see players like this get substantially more value on account of their draft status and athletic potential. Look no further than ED Jadeveon Clowney, who just signed a one-year, $8 million contract with the Cleveland Browns after playing in 2020 on a one-year, $13 million flier.

Reddick had the same amount of sacks in Week 14 of 2020 than Clowney has since Week 15 of 2018.

To me this means to expect a passionate hard working player. He’s definitely looking for a multi year deal after this and our defense gives him the perfect opportunity to do that. One year deals mean go crazy and get paid so I’m leaning towards him going crazy this season I love the value we are getting.

• Pie 2

I'm really interested to see exactly how Reddick will be used. His versatility along with the versatility of our defensive players like Fox, Burns, Daviyon, and Chinn will lead to us having lots of options. Phil Snow knows his strengths and Reddick should be familiar with a Phil Snow Defense since they were together with Rhule at Temple. I really like the idea of him as the Sam or Weak-side backer who blitzes off the edge in 4 -man fronts. I think adding him is the main reason we will see Chinn more at safety and why we will use more odd fronts with him and Burns as OLB's rushing off the edge (the 3 DL would be Brown as the Nose and Fox and Yetur (or Daviyon) as the ends. I get really excited when I think about all the different ways our defense could be able to cause havoc for opposing offenses.

Edited by Michael G

when we signed Rhule, I kept reading about his relationship will all his college players.  I did some research on his former players who were in the NFL, and when their contracts ended, just in case some might want to play for him again.

Hasson was top of the list, but I knew we couldn't afford him.

Then came the pandemic, the lower salary cap, and sudden one year deals....and here he is.

Hopefully he gets 10+ sacks and we sign him to a 3 year deal and then sign Brian Burns when Hasson's contract ends.  If he wants to stay for another year or two we might be able to swing it, but if not...

it will probably have been one hell of a fun time watching those guys together for 3 years.

fingers crossed that everything comes together.