• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moton signed to 4 year, $72M deal

AndrewLaskoski

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Who, Christensen?  How do you know?

Matt Rhule said in a presser not too long ago that they view Brady Christensen more as a right tackle, or possibly a guard.

I said earlier in the thread that I could see Moton moving left this year, then going back to the right side next year while we draft or otherwise acquired our left tackle of the future.

But then again, if Moton plays there this year and looks good, well... 🤔

13 minutes ago, t96 said:

Wish it was 5+ years. The guy is a beast and this will be a steal in that last season of the deal as other tackles get paid more than him in the next 2-3 years. Glad we got that done and have at least 1 position on the line that is set for the immediate future.

It very well could be. We'll have to wait out the details. It very well could be a four year extension on top of the franchise tag which would put him under contract for 5 years.

30 minutes ago, joemac said:

Glad we have RT locked up for years to come - now time to get LT solidified....because I'm afraid that Cam Erving ain't it.  Hopefully Christensen can come in and play there at a high level.  Would be KILLER to get a starting, quality LT on 3rd round pick contract money for the next 4 years. 

I have a felling it's gonna be Dennis Daley playing LT this year 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

He’s at about $16.8M including the tag for 5 years so not as bad as $18M per year. If they did it last year they would have saved a bit but not don’t the tag.

Makes sense--so this is the extension after the tag--I was assuming they threw the tag out--much better.

8 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I have a felling it's gonna be Dennis Daley playing LT this year 

I have said the same thing.  People forget how effective he was in bursts before last year.  A LT needs the ability to match up against all kinds of pass rushers--power and finesse--that is why they are hard to find-

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1