Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Teddy in Denver


SBBlue
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Living in Denver I can tell you that TB is being treated by the local media like a poo sandwich they really want you to buy

I didn't think Teddy was as bad as everyone here makes him out to be.  He gave us a career year, he just had some trouble in the RZ/EZ at first and then declined some as the  season progressed.  He didn't have CMC and  the line was worse than anything Cam ever had for any stretch of time.

I actually was surprised we ditched him so quickly, he would have improved with investments in the Oline and CMC's return.

He'll beat Lock.

 

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Inimicus said:

Living in Denver I can tell you that TB is being treated by the local media like a poo sandwich they really want you to buy

So... basically the same way he was treated in Charlotte last year?

When Teddy is your QB, you've waved the white flag. It's time to talk draft.

I hated the trade for Darnold too, but at least he does have the physical talent. We'll see if he can put it together between the ears but at least there is some reasonable path to success with Darnold. I simply did not see one at all with Teddy.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I didn't think Teddy was as bad as everyone here makes him out to be.  He gave us a career year, he just had some trouble in the RZ/EZ at first and then declined some as the  season progressed.  He didn't have CMC and  the line was worse than anything Cam ever had for any stretch of time.

I actually was surprised we ditched him so quickly, he would have improved with investments in the Oline and CMC's return.

He'll beat Lock.

 

Teddy isn’t bad he’s just not good, he isn’t a franchise QB. He got flamed because our massive amount of cam bandwagon fans were butthurt. If sourrounded by a fully healthy team and elite defense, you may even end up with a shot with TB. And for some teams that’ll work.

This is considering the assumption he was slightly better than advertised here for the reasons you mentioned, plus a garbage oline and lack of a Saavy NFL coach I think he’d need - not one straight from college figure poo out.

But for a new team, coaching staff, and GM trying to build a consistent winner from the ground up? Just a waste of time. Consistency takes a franchise QB every time even with an inconsistent team.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The final straw for Teddy in Carolina was him throwing the staff under the bus for "getting the play call in late" on that play where he airmailed it over DJ wide open in the endzone. There was a noted change in the tone toward Teddy from the organization from that point on. Once he showed that type of lack of accountability and willingness to blame others for his blatant error... yeah, it was over. He actually said he would've checked to a running play. He admitted he would've checked out of a play that led to a wide open receiver in the endzone for what should've been an easy TD. LOL! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, onmyown said:

Teddy isn’t bad he’s just not good, he isn’t a franchise QB. He got flamed because our massive amount of cam bandwagon fans were butthurt. If sourrounded by a fully healthy team and elite defense, you may even end up with a shot with TB. And for some teams that’ll work.

This is considering the assumption he was slightly better than advertised here for the reasons you mentioned, plus a garbage oline and lack of a Saavy NFL coach I think he’d need - not one straight from college figure poo out.

But for a new team, coaching staff, and GM trying to build a consistent winner from the ground up? Just a waste of time. Consistency takes a franchise QB every time even with an inconsistent team.

Teddy was already such a bland, timid, uninteresting, and uninspiring QB, let alone factoring in the post-Cam effect People knew it was a poor choice even if it was expressed incorrectly at times and lo and behold he turned out to be exactly as expected.

Your first sentence nails it. Put another way, Teddy the QB may not be a loser but he sure isn't a winner either. He just... is.

Edited by KSpan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yes Teddy made mistakes on the field.  All QB's do.   And we wasn't electric like Cam.  Who is?   It was his first full season back from injury and he was following Cam Newton.   

The Saints didn't see Teddy as a Brees successor.   They had no problem trading him to a division rival.  So I'm sure we knew that Teddy didn't have it, and it was just a short term bridge between Cam and whoever, while we rebuild.  

Teddy did screw up throwing shade on the coaches in the season. Pros keep team critiques internal.  That and middling play, did him in with the Panthers.  

Sam had WAY more reason to dis his coaches and management and yet never did.  At least that's what's reported now. 

I just think the Huddle is a little harsh on Teddy's play here.  I know he's on another team and I'm not a fan.  But some of our shade isn't justified.

 

 

Edited by SBBlue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Yes Teddy made mistakes on the field.  All QB's do.   And we wasn't electric like Cam.  Who is?   It was his first full season back from injury and he was following Cam Newton.   

The Saints didn't see Teddy as a Brees successor.   They had no problem trading him to a division rival.  So I'm sure we knew that Teddy didn't have it, and it was just a short term bridge between Cam and whoever, while we rebuild.  

Teddy did screw up throwing shade on the coaches in the season. Pros keep team critiques internal.  That and middling play, did him in with the Panthers.  

Sam had WAY more reason to dis his coaches and management and yet never did.  At least that's what's reported now. 

I just think the Huddle is a little harsh on Teddy's play here.  I know he's on another team and I'm not a fan.  But some of our shade isn't justified.

 

 

Jimmy Clausen is a QB that doesn't deserve as much shade as he gets/got. He was not a good QB but you could tell he was trying his best at all times and he created exactly zero drama here or anywhere, even with the short stick he was handed in Carolina. Guy conducted himself as a pro.

Teddy, on the other hand, is a middling QB who appeared nigh uncoachable during his year here, poorly handled QB 101 situations as a supposed 7-year veteran leader, and a whole lot of signs point to him being a guy interested in using burner accounts to defend himself on social media and get into spats with fans. I don't agree with personal attacks of course and he certainly stepped into a tough scenario between being Cam's successor and being overpaid like he was, but he did next to nothing to help himself out. He earned his shade fair and square. 

Honestly, I struggle to think of an ex-Panther not named Carruth that I like less at this point based on their time as a Panther. Even DeAngelo Williams at least showed some growth and humility early in his career before spouting off. 

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Honestly, I struggle to think of an ex-Panther not named Carruth that I like less at this point based on their time as a Panther. Even DeAngelo Williams at least showed some growth and humility early in his career before spouting off. 

Wow

 

I didnt realize how much truth there was in this until I read your words

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 8:57 PM, SBBlue said:

I didn't think Teddy was as bad as everyone here makes him out to be.  He gave us a career year, he just had some trouble in the RZ/EZ at first and then declined some as the  season progressed.  He didn't have CMC and  the line was worse than anything Cam ever had for any stretch of time.

I actually was surprised we ditched him so quickly, he would have improved with investments in the Oline and CMC's return.

He'll beat Lock.

His knee injury really affected his ability to take deep shots. He was always a smart player without elite arm talent, but his deep ball really wasn't that bad until he took that shot. After that, everything started to decline as evidenced by the game splits and passing charts. Any other player would get some type of understanding with being on a team with a new coaching staff, a COVID-impacted offseason, getting hurt, a porous OL, missing their #1 weapon, and not having a TE worth a damn on the roster.

I was surprised that they moved on from him as well, but getting a chance on a 3rd overall pick for a 2nd while also getting draft capital for Teddy was some solid maneuvering by Fitterer.

I knew TB was going to be disparaged relentlessly when I saw folks still clinging to Cam and refuting film + stats in favour of bitching about Teddy's contract. Outside of mentioning the call coming in late on the bad throw to DJ, he was an excellent teammate as evidenced by receiving the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award (which is determined by the players).

Wish nothing but success for him. It's all in on Sam Darnold time now though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • sam.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That's nothing,  I'm the Senior Custodial Manager and CEO with an MBA in refuse collection. Top that!
    • Treated plenty of patients with grade 3 hamstring tears with normalized gait patterns, have you?   I know you are probably oblivious  to this but I’m the guy evaluating the patients and prescribing the plan of care for assistants and technicians to distribute treatment.    Not trying to flex, just want you to understand the magnitude of how ignorant you’re sounding.
    • I mean it's demonstrably not the worst feeling possible because we didn't implode and let it be a close game (since we're excluding the worse outcome of actually losing from our worst possible feeling scale, which feels a bit wrong unto itself.  Leading with 'I know it could be worse but isn't this the worst possible feeling for the not record we find ourselves with??' feels *silly* pessimistic).  Yes there were some sloppy moments after CMC went out (duh?) but they figured it out and adjusted, Darnold showed he isn't going to fold like a wet napkin when things get rough, they seem to be figuring out the 3rd quarter, pass rush is still nasty, we don't have an offense with only one option that's now fuged, we don't have a defensive backfield without a usable backup, we don't have to start PJ Walker b/c of some Darnold injury, on and on.  So no definitely not the worst possible feeling even for the very specific situation that's allowed in the question. We won the game, convincingly, without that stink of 'well they half-assed and lucked their way into that win' all over it.  Enjoy it for a minute before borrowing trouble.   For myself?  Like a lot of other people when the injuries started I was starting to get a little worried in game and frankly, in spite of the injuries, I enjoyed watching the team NOT fug it up.  I'm happy they put their heads down, adjusted, and got their poo done.  Am I happy about the injuries? No.  The team's overall performance?  Yep.  I like watching my team win and I'm happy we have a coaching staff that I trust to make the best of the situation we find ourselves in.   And just for the record IMO 3-0 with injury related concerns is >>> 3-0 with barely-won games, poor play, and a boat load of luck to get there.  Besides all we've heard for two weeks is "let's see what they do when there's some adversity!  fugin Panthers"...well in this case when we had some adversity we won.  I'll take that any game.
×
×
  • Create New...