• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(S)Kai Jones

Icege

I went crazy watching that. For the record, that was NBA vet Michael Beasley he went around and NBA vet Kenneth Faried that he absolutely annihilated. 

Also, I have a strong feeling that Kai will spend most of the season in Greensboro. I think he could definitely help the Hornets now off the bench but getting a ton of minutes in the G-League may be better for his development. Keep in mind he has not played basketball for very long and was not a starter in college. With consistent playing time I think he will develop into a monster.

Specifically, I think his defensive game could use some work. He's got all the tools but you could tell he was a little slow reading plays and that comes with reps. 

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I went crazy watching that. For the record, that was NBA vet Michael Beasley he went around and NBA vet Kenneth Faried that he absolutely annihilated. 

Also, I have a strong feeling that Kai will spend most of the season in Greensboro. I think he could definitely help the Hornets now off the bench but getting a ton of minutes in the G-League may be better for his development. Keep in mind he has not played basketball for very long and was not a starter in college. With consistent playing time I think he will develop into a monster.

Specifically, I think his defensive game could use some work. He's got all the tools but you could tell he was a little slow reading plays and that comes with reps. 

Very similar to Robert Williams in Boston.

8 hours ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I would rather him play 15-20 minutes off the bench this year. Playing real competition and getting solid minutes on a playoff team (which I think we will be) should be better for his development. He also will give us a better chance to win as a backup 5 than Carey and Richards. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

He’s ready. I just hate that he’ll have a lot on his shoulders this season being only a rookie. Hoping that we can add a vet center soon to take the pressure off him. 

agree another C and/or PG would help a lot but with the roster the way it is - I think Plumlee are PJ are going to be our Centers, mainly..

Kai has been at the PF position every game in summer league with Vern and Richards both getting the starting center spot..

PG: Ball - Ish
SG: Roz - Bouk - Martin
SF: Hay - Oubre
PF: Miles - Kai - McD
C- Plumlee - PJ

G-League: Vernon, Thor

On 8/12/2021 at 10:29 PM, bLACKpANTHER said:

agree another C and/or PG would help a lot but with the roster the way it is - I think Plumlee are PJ are going to be our Centers, mainly..

Kai has been at the PF position every game in summer league with Vern and Richards both getting the starting center spot..

C- Plumlee - PJ

Where's Gelo bruh?

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Poo 1

On 8/12/2021 at 10:29 PM, bLACKpANTHER said:

C- Plumlee - PJ

Where's Gelo bruh?

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Poo 1