• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I am just not sure I would go about it that way. Unless you are planning on a near future without Rodgers? 

Long term. I would try and draft well, and manage FA well. Try my darndest to build  a good team around him. Make him happy, by giving him a team that can compete for a SB.

If Rodgers were on my team? I'd bend over backwards for him. Make him feel wanted Then you can count on his best.

IMO, he deserves better than GB anywho.

Father Time is undefeated. They got Rodgers by understanding that when Favre was at a similar age. 

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I think they are just high on Darnold and they aren't the only ones.  Kiper and the other analyst on draft day said Darnold would be #2 in the 2021 draft, even after knowing what happened in NY.   Believe it or not, some people think Darnold is better than Fields.  

Given that, if you could add any defensive player you wanted or Fields, the choice becomes easy, because you're covered at QB.

No one else who was an actual NFL decision maker did or we wouldn't have been able to get Darnold for a 2nd rounder and pocket change. By all accounts we were the only suitor for Darnold and likely could've gotten him for less had we drove a harder bargain.

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think the Broncos passing on fields speaks MUCH more than panthers, cause they needed a QB more than us. 

Im easy on the panthers for passing on fields, cause I was not a fan until 20s...late 20s. I drove the lance spaceship til ginger cringer became a panther. 

Based on recent Broncos QB drafting, them passing on a QB might be a strong predictor of success for that QB. Getting drafted by those guys has been a kiss of death.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh I'm fully aware, but they had another one in Favre when they drafted him. They liked Love a lot and Rodgers was at a similar age so they took him.

It's why I didn't want to pass on Fields due to Darnold being on the roster. You have to keep swinging until you find the answer. I just really hope that we simply weren't high on Fields because if we were and we passed that was a big mistake.

I think you are basing this all on Rodgers not being there much longer. Which is fine. It's just not how I would have done it. Only in GB do you piss off a HOF QB. Twice.

If you are planning on keeping Rodgers. You build around him. If you are not going to keep him, you draft a QB. 

Rodgers got his extension. And Love is still a waste of a 1st round pick.

I hate to say this, but I'm going to. Saying Rodgers was years away from his MVP season is disingenuous. His play is still as good today, as it was when he got here.

41 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I'm not sure wasting a 1st round pick is the smartest way to motivate a QB. Wouldn't a 2nd, or even 3rd round pick be just as effective? I mean, there has to be better ways to try and motivate someone, than throwing away a 1st round pick. IMO, that is kinda expensive for a motivational tool.

It's no different than giving up multi first round picks for a veteran qb. 

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I think you are basing this all on Rodgers not being there much longer. Which is fine. It's just not how I would have done it. Only in GB do you piss off a HOF QB. Twice.

If you are planning on keeping Rodgers. You build around him. If you are not going to keep him, you draft a QB. 

Rodgers got his extension. And Love is still a waste of a 1st round pick.

I hate to say this, but I'm going to. Saying Rodgers was years away from his MVP season is disingenuous. His play is still as good today, as it was when he got here.

Look at the numbers. He was three years removed from MVP caliber play. The list of high level near 40 year old QBs is very, very short. GB is simply playing the odds.

18 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Lance looks very promising in practices. The only issue he's had is the handoff with the rbs, and correcting that just comes with chemistry and reps. 

I told you guys that Lance would be good, and he's well on his way according to Shanahan and local media.

I would make the argument that most of the first round drafted QBs would look good in SF at the moment. It’s the one spot I felt if Wilson, Fields or Lance went to SF they would become an average NFL QB at a minimum. They’ve got a solid squad to surround a QB with. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one else who was an actual NFL decision maker did or we wouldn't have been able to get Darnold for a 2nd rounder and pocket change. By all accounts we were the only suitor for Darnold and likely could've gotten him for less had we drove a harder bargain.

We weren't the only suitor.  We may have been the only one to offer a ring tho.

The problem is no one knows for sure.  We'll see.  I want to see what he can do with his first QB coach, and an actual OC, and our weapons.  We might surprise some people, include those on the Huddle.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

We weren't the only suitor.  We may have been the only one to offer a ring tho.

The problem is no one knows for sure.  We'll see.  I want to see what he can do with his first QB coach, and an actual OC, and our weapons.  We might surprise some people, include those on the Huddle.

Taking a look isn't an actual suitor. Putting an actual actionable offer on the table is a suitor. I haven't seen any indication that the Jets received any actual offer other than ours.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at the numbers. He was three years removed from MVP caliber play. The list of high level near 40 year old QBs is very, very short. GB is simply playing the odds.

I get it. You are willing to jettison a HOF QB. I would not make that call in regards to Rodgers. Not for Love anyway. You are not recouping that cost.

Just because you did something once. Does not mean you have to do it twice.