• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Hard to imagine it would top this one though IMO.   No doubt a Wilson or someone can and likely will emerge.  But Trevor and Fields are rare in terms of hitting draft together… plus the other guys IMO. 

No question. I definitely wouldn't put money on betting it would be a better class. However, it could happen.

Even if it is a good class, we might be just good enough to have to trade up to get a guy anyway. It is all to be determined. 

I don't believe even one iota in Darnold but our best case scenario is if he is the guy. It solves so many problems. We just have to hope against all odds it happens.

If anything, we are due as Panthers fans to have some kind of miracle like that.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No question. I definitely wouldn't put money on betting it would be a better class. However, it could happen.

Even if it is a good class, we might be just good enough to have to trade up to get a guy anyway. It is all to be determined. 

I don't believe even one iota in Darnold but our best case scenario is if he is the guy. It solves so many problems. We just have to hope against all odds it happens.

If anything, we are due as Panthers fans to have some kind of miracle like that.

I'll be surprised if it's not a two man class. This draft is all about Howell and Rattler. The rest of these dudes are pretenders who dropped out of last year's class because it was so stacked. 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll be surprised if it's not a two man class. This draft is all about Howell and Rattler. The rest of these dudes are pretenders who dropped out of last year's class because it was so stacked. 

and one has super high odds of going to Houston.  You probably can pencil that in and take one off the hypothetical board.  

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

Silly? No

People keep leaving out the fact that we had already spent resources to address our starting QB position before the draft happened.  That changes the way you approach the draft.

It was never a Fields vs Horn question.

In reality it was a Darnold (sure thing) + keeping pick 8 vs hoping a QB fell (not sure thing) vs trading up (too expensive but would make a QB a sure thing) decision.

Ask yourself this, let’s say the Darnold trade fell through and we go into the draft without a QB, do you really think we take Horn over Fields or whichever QB we had rated the highest?

Fields vs Horn or Darnold or frankly anybody else doesn't even enter into the equation.

If you like a player enough that you would take him with the number three pick, then not only are you going to take him at the number eight pick, but you're going to be thrilled out of your mind that he fell to you at that spot.

That's why the notion that we would have taken Fields at number three but didn't take him when he fell to number eight is basically ridiculous.

That's no different than saying "yeah, we would have taken this guy number one overall but since he fell to the number five spot we weren't interested anymore". 🙄

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fields vs Horn or Darnold or frankly anybody else doesn't even enter into the equation.

If you like a player enough that you would take him with the number three pick, then not only are you going to take him at the number eight pick, but you're going to be thrilled out of your mind that he fell to you at that spot.

That's why the notion that we would have taken Fields at number three but didn't take him when he fell to number eight is basically ridiculous.

That's no different than saying "yeah, we would have taken this guy number one overall but since he fell to the number five spot we weren't interested anymore". 🙄

Not really.  Change the people and caliber of players to make the concept more simple.   Let’s say they liked a QB at 3 in the draft.  Then Watson’s issues never occurred.  They acquired him instead.  You then don’t take the QB you liked at 3 or take him if he fell to 8. 

they acquired Darnold at a time there were decent odds they couldn’t acquire anyone they liked in the draft.    And it clearly changed things….which is why Rhule describes it as not Fields vs Darnold but Fields vs Horn + Darnold. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You are missing a huge part of his equation in Sam Darnold. Not thinking a QB like Fields would be there at 8 could have been part of the equation that got us Darnold making the need for a young QB no longer a need. If we had the pick at 3 we would have known Fields would be there (assuming the Jets were as public about Wilson as they were) so we wouldn’t have traded for Darnold. It’s not that hard to grasp what he is saying. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

So how about that Christensen kid? I think he makes the team and contributes some this season.  He most likely starts at one of the guard spots next season.  Unless Moton finally decides whether he wants to be a LT.  If that happens then he will start at RT.  Two problems solved on the oline at least. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So how about that Christensen kid? I think he makes the team and contributes some this season.  He most likely starts at one of the guard spots next season.  Unless Moton finally decides whether he wants to be a LT.  If that happens then he will start at RT.  Two problems solved on the oline at least. 

Hey what kind of a thread do you think this is?!

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Good news is we have a preseason game coming up and will finally get a look at guys and reason to talk about them. 

• Beer 4

On 8/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, CRA said:

he did.  They were 0-4.  And before the injury, the Jets purged their roster of talent to tank.  Which is why they were 0-13 and staring at Trevor Lawrence late in the season. 

There were leaks from inside the Jets org that the tank was on from the jump last year.  Football still gets played.  The FO can only set the stage to suck.  Which they did their best. 

* and I have never bashed Sam for his 2020 performance because of that.  I've always noted he was screwed from the start in 2020 by the FO. 

4 hours ago, CRA said:

what did Einstein say about insanity…

Would be time for Tepper IMO to step in and do what some claim he will never do or get a new staff IMO

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Tepper's patience might start wearing thin if Darnold flops.

Tepper would be even more inclined to start stepping in if his draft crush -- who Rhule and Fitterer wanted no part of -- flourishes...