• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday joint practice news and tweets

Captain Morgan

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd feel better if we had some semblance of a lineup in place. These guys need to have as much time as possible to gel. That we still seem to be in the midst of figuring out who's gonna be playing and where is concerning.

I mean, the shuffle tells the story and we knew it even if we didn't want to believe it. They are absolutely garbage.

But why should this surprise anyone? These are literally guys being who they have always been(queue the Dennis Green speech). 

IMO, that part of the team is basically shot and is going to be bad all year.  I am not going to get too perturbed over it. It was expected.

Look at our DL and WR's though. Those units are shining against good units on the other side of the ball. Thar is very encouraging. Hell, maybe we even get something half assed good out of Darnold.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Operation Tampering Expectations Down Now, commenced.

Expectations should have been tempered anyway. Some of the absolutely idiotic things that have been thrown around here are completely ridiculous and actually rather unfair for what is a really fuging young team.

People need to calm down, expect ups and downs and just enjoy watching some of our young guys mature and get better.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, ncstatekwi said:

Just finished reading Colts message boards.  My takeaways…our OLINE needs to get better, our DLINE is good, we made their QBs look like studs today!

*Maybe the colts coaches asked the panther coaches to BOOST their QBs confidence some.....wars info GIF

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, the shuffle tells the story and we knew it even if we didn't want to believe it. They are absolutely garbage.

But why should this surprise anyone? These are literally guys being who they have always been(queue the Dennis Green speech). 

IMO, that part of the team is basically shot and is going to be bad all year.  I am not going to get too perturbed over it. It was expected.

Look at our DL and WR's though. Those units are shining against good units on the other side of the ball. Thar is very encouraging. Hell, maybe we even get something half assed good out of Darnold.

Pick your five best bad guys and let them start gelling.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As expected for the OL and DL. Disappointing for the secondary.

I don't think it was that disappointing. I could not understand the hype. We are expecting a rookie to turn into Jalen Ramsey. That's absurd. Outside of DJack, it is literally a bunch of relatively unknown quantities. 

It may take them a while to gel and figure it out. We don't need to be better than 2020 today. We need to be better than 2020 by the end of the season.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Pick your five best bad guys and let them start gelling.

I don't think there is a best five. I think we have two decent to good guys and a bunch of JAGS or works in progress. Like I said before the season, we shored up the depth this offseason. As in, we have a roster full of decent backups.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

Wonder how many teams that passed up on Marshall for another receiver in the draft are now wishing they could’ve had him. Teams are so stupid. 

Yeah, I wasn't super high on that pick(OL fever) but this may end up being the pick of our 2021 draft.

I will also say that the guys that were hyping him as our new #2 WR...... might be on to something.

Edited by kungfoodude